Cannot copy: PC to my DroidX using USB connect

nhddev

Reaction score
I cannot copy any files to my DroidX using USB connect. When I plug in the Droid X, I see there's a new drive "Motorola (F: )" in windows explorer. In the drive, there are four files: Autorun.inf, config.ini, MotoConnect_1.1.31_Driver_4.7.1.exe, seup.exe. I cannot copy any files to here. I get a message saying it's a read-only cd-rom. I've tried running both .exe files, downloaded and installed the latest Motorola driver, and nothing helps.

I checked that the mode is USB connect and debugging is off. When I open Computer Management on the PC and click on Storage > Removable Storage > Media, I see three items:
- 1, Removable, UDISK PDU_512 66A2.0 USB Device \Unrecognizable\Removable media
- 2, Removable, Motorola MB810 USB Device \Import\Removable media
- Motorola, CD-ROM, Motorola MB810 USB Device \Import\CD-ROM

So it seems I am only seeing "Motorola CD-ROM" in my windows explorer and not the DroidX storage device. What am I missing?

Last edited:
OP
N

nhddev

Reaction score
Issue resolved after reboot and going to Disk Management

I rebooted my machine again (second time after running the .exe files) but first time after installing a driver from Motorola's website. I didn't see the drive in windows explorer. I then went to Computer Management and clicked on Disk Management inside it. In addition to seeing Motorola, I see another removable drive that is putting to a letter drive currently in use. I selected that, right clicked, changed letter drive, and selected a letter not in use. I am now able to see files on my SD card and copy files to it.