Can you install any of the JB roms on safestrap while still on ICS?

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Im sure I know the answer, but thought Id ask anyway.

If not, does anyone know of an ICS rom without those hideous power toggles? Ive tried multiple ICS roms and I hated the toggles on every one of them. Ideally Id like a "stock" ICS rom with all the bloat removed, but without all the skin/theme/add-on stuff.

Jalh

Reaction score
You could install JB while on ICS using safestrap. I think most of the JB ROMS require the user to use the slot1 instead the others. I tried AOKP in my bionic while I was in ICS and it performed better than cyanogenmod. Good luck.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Jb ROMs are built off 98.72.22 so no you can't flash them on ICS. You can only flash ICS ROMs.

There should be tweaks out there to remove the power widgets, themes etc.

Jalh

Reaction score
Jb ROMs are built off 98.72.22 so no you can't flash them on ICS. You can only flash ICS ROMs.

There should be tweaks out there to remove the power widgets, themes etc.

I was refering to the JB ROMS based on 4.2.2 ad not 98.72.22. So yes, technically, you can install JB while in ICS.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was refering to the JB ROMS based on 4.2.2 ad not 98.72.22. So yes, technically, you can install JB while in ICS.

A true jelly bean ROM can't be installed on ics nor can ICS be installed on JB. It all depends on the ROMs system version its built off of.

Jalh

Reaction score
A true jelly bean ROM can't be installed on ics nor can ICS be installed on JB. It all depends on the ROMs system version its built off of.
If you see my first reply i mention a different built and method. I was refering to 4.2.2 and not the verizon 98.72.22; in order to install JB while in ICS people could follow this method
[ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [03/22: CAMERA FIXES] - xda-developers. It is not Official and it is a mod based of the 4.2.2; safetrap is required and some functions are not working.