can someone please help me? i think i screwed up my droid trying to root!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok when u ready for the kernel let me know...in other words after u booted sapphire up

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ima suggest you download the following kernel: 1000 = 125/400/500/600/800/900/1000

its the most stable. If after you get everything up and running and you make a nandroid bakup, if you decide to try a 1100 or 1200 and it bootloops, all you would have to do is restore your backup.

OP
X

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
after you install all 3 files.
You are going to install the first file #1 (first on my list above). On the root of your sdcard.
2) while your sdcard is opened delete the update.zip file (or update if you have windows 7).
3) the file that is on the root of your sdcard (that means it do not go in any folders), which is named sapphire 0.8.4.zip you gonna right click on it and rename it update.zip (update for windows 7)
4) reboot into recovery
5) go to install
6) allow updat
7) apply update.zip (depreciated)
8) after its done loading press power to get back to main menu
9) wipe data (factory reset) ....yes to all
10) wipe cache
11) reboot

let me know when you have completed that step

k i just completed the steps my phone is now rebooting

OP
X

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
sapphires working everything went well should i do another backup or should i restore my old settings? or am i not supposed to restore my old settings? also this may be a stupid question but do i download the kernels to my computer or to my phone?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After it loads up you gonna install the kernel you downloaded:
this is how.

1) Mount droid.
2) when your sdcard come up delete the update.zip file on your sdcard.
3) install the kernel on the root of your sdcard
4) after its on your sdcard you are gonna right click and rename it update.zip (update w7)
5) unmount droid
6) reboot into recovery.
7) During this process you will not wipe data or cache
Repeat: Do not wipe data or cache

8)
while in rocvery go to install
9) allow update
10) apply update.zip
11) reboot.

Let me know when that is complete.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
now you will notice you are missing the market app, and you did not have to log into your google account....thats normal I will give you the fix for that after you load your kernel

I will explain why when we are completely done.

OP
X

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
should i download the standard voltage or low voltage kernel? sorry for all the questions

OP
X

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
After it loads up you gonna install the kernel you downloaded:
this is how.

1) Mount droid.
2) when your sdcard come up delete the update.zip file on your sdcard.
3) install the kernel on the root of your sdcard
4) after its on your sdcard you are gonna right click and rename it update.zip (update w7)
5) unmount droid
6) reboot into recovery.
7) During this process you will not wipe data or cache
Repeat: Do not wipe data or cache

8) while in rocvery go to install
9) allow update
10) apply update.zip
11) reboot.

Let me know when that is complete.

ok i finished these steps. i forgot to backup my phone though hope thats ok

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no you good no need to back up again until we are completely done.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright now for the final part.

1) mount droid
2) delete update.zip from your sdcard
3) put the the sapphire gapp file on the root of your sdcard
4)wants on your sdcard right click and rename update.zip (update)
8) reboot into recovery
9) Do not wipe data
10) allow update.ip
11) install update.zip
12)make a nandroid backup
13) reboot
14) sign in your google account
15) let your phone charge and sit it aside for 10-15 mins because its gonna sync and auto install some of your apps
16) after its all done, if you miss your favorite 2.1 apps then you are going to have to install the market fix. I will put that in another thread so you can start working on the above steps.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Marketfix: not manadatory.

copy of what market fix does from sapphire wiki:
This release of sapphire updates its build.prop information to reflect the FRF84B OTA leak from Verizon. This means that so far as the market can tell, your device will be an Android 2.2 (Froyo) phone running sholes (Droid) hardware from Verizon. This generally works fine, but there is an issue on market where some paid apps do not show up on 2.2. This is most likely an issue with them being flagged as incompatible with 2.2 as they haven't been updated, or some other such thing.
In response to this, I have made a market hack that will essentially “trick” the market into thinking your device is an Android 2.1-update1 (Eclair) phone running sholes (Droid) hardware from Verizon. This essentially allows the device to browse market, but has the potential to have adverse effects, as the market no longer knows the real version of the operating system, and will make decisions based on that false information.
In the end, it is up to you to decide whether or not you wish to apply this patch or not. There is no real danger in applying, nor in not applying. I recommend making a backup anyway. Also, I have not tested what happens if this patch is applied prior to the initial boot of the system, so I cannot say whether market sync will function properly or not. My recommendation is to boot without the patch, wait for your apps to finish syncing, and then apply the patch if you wish to.
Thank you for reading my explanation, and as promised, here is the patch file:
Download sapphire-0.8.4-market_hack-update.zip

To install the market fix:

1) mount droid
2) delete update file on sdcard
3) install the marketfix update.zip to root of your sdcard
4) right click file and rename to update.zip (update for windows 7)
5) reboot into recovery
6)Make a nandroid back up
7) allow update
8) install update
9)wipe cache only
10) reboot
11) enjoy all your apps.

12) later I would recommend installind titanium back up and backing up your apps, save you time when it comes to restoring apps and apps settings.

OP
X

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
thank you soooo much for all your help i really appreciate it! all my contacts and everything are back but i have to manually add my apps back correct? and i don't have to restore my phone from all the backups i did? and now is my phone completely 100% rooted?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
rooted with a custom rom.

Install setcpu. Make sure you set it to auto detect. Then you can o/c the speed to 1ghz (same speed as the incrdible) But make sure you set at least 3 profiles. 1 for charging, 1 for battery temparature < the other is for if cpu temp <

set those profiles to at least 700 max/minimum can be anywhere from 125-400

Mine is set to 700/125