can someone please help me? i think i screwed up my droid trying to root!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
as long as you have sprecovery you can install another rom. After you install the rom, if you wipe data and cache its like the other rom never existed.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ima walk you through installing your rom. Tell me what rom you want to install and I will bring you the links and everything. All you have to do is be patient and watch this thread....oh and follow the steps.

OP
X

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
as long as you have sprecovery you can install another rom. After you install the rom, if you wipe data and cache its like the other rom never existed.

ok thank you sooo much! can you please walk me through the steps i still have to do so i don't mess up again? so i should go back to the first directions, install sapphire, reboot my phone, then how do i wipe data and cache? and should i backup my phone now or after i install sapphire?

OP
X

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
Ima walk you through installing your rom. Tell me what rom you want to install and I will bring you the links and everything. All you have to do is be patient and watch this thread....oh and follow the steps.

i guess i want to install sapphire...i really don't know too much about this stuff.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok before we start can I ask you to do 3 things.

1) tell me how much battery life you have, get a batter widget if you have one because we may need to charge you up.

2) tell me why you choose sapphire.

3) how much do you know about your device/ rooting

OP
X

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
Ok before we start can I ask you to do 3 things.

1) tell me how much battery life you have, get a batter widget if you have one because we may need to charge you up.

2) tell me why you choose sapphire.

3) how much do you know about your device/ rooting

1. 90%
2. i really don't know why i chose sapphire but the instructions said it would get me froyo and thats what i reallly wanted i didnt know i really had a choice....
3. i know a lot about my device im usually really good with computers and electronics and stuff. i did a lot of research on rooting before i decided to go through with it i just don't know a lot about roms they confuse me...wow i feel really stupid right now

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
cool thanks, wanted to make sure you was not rooting after having your device from day one ima link you in s few seconds.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
install all 3 files on your computer and I would put them on your desktop to make it easier.

OP
X

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
k once i install the three files then what should i do? thanks so much for your help by the way!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
after you install all 3 files.
You are going to install the first file #1 (first on my list above). On the root of your sdcard.
2) while your sdcard is opened delete the update.zip file (or update if you have windows 7).
3) the file that is on the root of your sdcard (that means it do not go in any folders), which is named sapphire 0.8.4.zip you gonna right click on it and rename it update.zip (update for windows 7)
4) reboot into recovery
5) go to install
6) allow updat
7) apply update.zip (depreciated)
8) after its done loading press power to get back to main menu
9) wipe data (factory reset) ....yes to all
10) wipe cache
11) reboot

let me know when you have completed that step

OP
X

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
after you install all 3 files.
You are going to install the first file #1 (first on my list above). On the root of your sdcard.
2) while your sdcard is opened delete the update.zip file (or update if you have windows 7).
3) the file that is on the root of your sdcard (that means it do not go in any folders), which is named sapphire 0.8.4.zip you gonna right click on it and rename it update.zip (update for windows 7)
4) reboot into recovery
5) go to install
6) allow updat
7) apply update.zip (depreciated)
8) after its done loading press power to get back to main menu
9) wipe data (factory reset) ....yes to all
10) wipe cache
11) reboot

let me know when you have completed that step

ok i just have a few questions....should i backup my phone before i do a factory reset? and also how do i download the kernel like? i reallly dont know much about that either like what mhz do you recommend?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes go ahead a do a nandroid back up first.

and the kernel we will install after you boot up.

see if you install the kernel now then the rom will not load up.

So you must allow the rom to load up first.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As far as the kernel im bugging P3 about something. I think there is a typo, and its very important i make sure its not.