"Can I See Your Droid"?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Also in reality if they don't own and/or are familiar with an Android phone what can they do with it if you hand it to them?

That's why I find it best just to show them all the cool stuff it can do. Saves time and really shows off the capabilities better.

OP
CatsvsDogs

CatsvsDogs

Reaction score
Also in reality if they don't own and/or are familiar with an Android phone what can they do with it if you hand it to them?

That's why I find it best just to show them all the cool stuff it can do. Saves time and really shows off the capabilities better.

^Yeah it really comes down to this^. Later that night I was able to show him some of the cool things on the phone, which I think he was on the fence of whether to buy or not. Judging by his excitement he probably is getting one today.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I showed off my phone at a family gathering recently.... I think it was about 10 minutes before I got it back.. LOL. I don't mind if family (i.e. my brothers/sisters-in-law) handles it, and touches it, but it's hands off for the nieces and nephews.....

I get the "Can I see your phone" type of thing. I was at the car rental place last week, and was showing the guy behind the counter the phone's features.... I think he was ready to put up the "out to lunch" sign, and run across the street to the Verizon store to buy one.

I generally show people what it can do, if I don't know them. If it's a friend, then I let them handle it.....I figure if my friend is going to take me to the rifle range to shoot his M1 Garands, the least I could do is let him see my phone, and try it out...

I have a 7 almost 8 year old daughter who is in love with my phone.... She's never been interested in gadgets really, but as soon as she saw the Droid, she's been nuts about it, always asking "Daddy, can I play a game on your phone?".......

808droid

Reaction score
I did let friends see it, it was in lock mode and they thought it was broken....I laughed and said "The DROID has a mind of it's own, it doesn't like your hands". I then went on to show them how it works, the cool stuff it does and how fast the phone is. Since then I've converted 3 friends to DROID users, to bad they were Verizon subscribers already, that is $75 less on my bill for referral fee's....shoots, I'll try to convert non Verizon users next time.

natty_lite

Reaction score
I've let people 'see' my Droid... and I almost inevitably get this from them.... "What did I do?" or "I don't know what happened"
They press buttons like it's a Fischer-Price toy.... I immediately remove the Droid from their possession and continue showing them the Droid in 'display' mode. Hands off! :)

Hahaha, I've experienced the exact same thing. I let a friend log into her Facebook from my phone, and she couldn't manage to type in the Name and Password fields without ending up on my system settings menu "I don't know what happened"

fallsgable

Reaction score
are you all serious?? this IS a joke...right?!?
IT'S A PHONE!!
Holy Crap...you all have got to have something more important to obsess about, right.....right?!? :icon_eek::icon_eek:
I agree that it's a fun phone.....but,
let's be clear...we are NOT talking about:
1. a baby
2. life sustaining medical equipment
3. the button to launch the nukes
4. a gun

it's a piece of DISPOSABLE electronic equipment, that you will all be tossing aside in 18-24 months, when the next gadget comes out, that tickles your balloon knot the right way!
let me state again...
IT'S A PHONE!!

WOW
:clap::icon_ rofl:

Safetyman

Reaction score
Droid Demo's

My biggest issue with the "demo" situation is that someone will eventually drop the droid and cause damage....that's my hangup with allowing someone, known to me or not, to handle the DROID

natty_lite

Reaction score
@fallsgable
Some people consider 200, or 500 if you got it unsubsidized a decent amount of money. I'm one of them.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
are you all serious?? this IS a joke...right?!?
IT'S A PHONE!!
Holy Crap...you all have got to have something more important to obsess about, right.....right?!? :icon_eek::icon_eek:
I agree that it's a fun phone.....but,
let's be clear...we are NOT talking about:
1. a baby
2. life sustaining medical equipment
3. the button to launch the nukes
4. a gun

it's a piece of DISPOSABLE electronic equipment, that you will all be tossing aside in 18-24 months, when the next gadget comes out, that tickles your balloon knot the right way!
let me state again... IT'S A PHONE!!

WOW

AND.. this is just a discussion Forum, everyone's opinion is just as important or valuable as yours.

No need to get all "big font'd" about it!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Stay on topic please. No need to criticize people because they do not want others handling a piece of equipment that they payed for and are protective of.

Respect others opinions and if you cannot simply don't post.

Thanks

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Stay on topic please. No need to criticize people because they do not want others handling a piece of equipment that they payed for and are protective of.

Thanks

Cereal Killer,

Thank you for your words of wisdom, and for you and the other Mods efforts to keep this place a nice, respectful, and fun place to hang out!

fallsgable

Reaction score

Thanks

this is on topic....it speaks directly to the question of "can I see your Droid", and I am providing my beliefs and opinions on the topic....just because they are counter to what someone else believes does NOT mean that I am either going off topic, or am attacking...

I am NOT in anyway undermining or discounting Anyone's views or opinions...just stating my own, on the threads title, and posters with in it...
but it is STILL only a phone....
if you are that anxious about letting someone touch your phone, because you spent $500 on a PHONE... and that's considered a BIG financial investment for you, then I submit (as MY opinion), that you have your priorities out of wack, and need to stop and rethink...
thats why there are walls of phones in every financial range at the Verizon store...

you may reply to me out of anger, hostility, resentment, or just to poke fun at me...I do not really care....this forum provides for open dialogue, and I get alot of useful info from the boards about operation and application of the Droid....but when all is said and done, I have it as a way of making calls....if someone needs to make a call, I always offer up my phone...always have...but to think that "no one can touch my phone, because it's a Droid, and its soo technologically advanced, and you will screw it up"...come on....

It's a phone people!