Yesterday... (I should be a Droid commerical)

iHope

Reaction score
So my wife and I went to Baby's r Us where we spent 1 hour finding Baby Proofing stuff. One thing we wanted cost $99. Not knowing if it was a good deal, I pulled out my Droid and used ShopSavvy to scan the barcode. I determined that Sears (7 miles away) had the product for $1 cheaper, but decided it wasn't worth making the drive.

I checked MyCoupons to see if there was a coupon available -- but there wasn't.

Then we got in the car, where my pregnant wife said she had a craving for Little Caesars. We haven't been to one for about 10 years, we were starving and had no idea where to go. I pulled out the Droid and said, 'Navigate to Little Caesars' and it picked a place about 4 miles away.

On the way there, the most annoying song in the world was playing. Firefly. My wife said, "this song is so bad, i wonder who sings it." I took out the Droid, fired up Shazzam. It listened to the song and brought up the song name, the album name, and the artist.

Little Caesars was so good I was even inspired enough to update my Facebook Status (on the droid). My friends were so entertained I got four comments.

Since she is pregnant with our second, we need a new house. I downloaded an app called Block Busters (or similar) and it displays your position on a map... along with all the for-sale houses around you. It even included the suburbs of Chicago. Wherever we drove, we could see exactly what was for sale (and for how much) around our current position.

All these errands on a college football Saturday.... no worries. I was checking the scores the whole time... with a different app.

I like my phone.

rkcoll1

Reaction score
This phone does it all. Your example proves that. I am glad you like this phone as much as I do, it really is the best smartphone out there. I tried the voice search out when I got the Droid, even in my small town it would find the businesses I was looking for. Truly amazing phone. Congrats on the soon to be new baby and good luck.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
So my wife and I went to Baby's r Us where we spent 1 hour finding Baby Proofing stuff. One thing we wanted cost $99. Not knowing if it was a good deal, I pulled out my Droid and used ShopSavvy to scan the barcode. I determined that Sears (7 miles away) had the product for $1 cheaper, but decided it wasn't worth making the drive.

Then we got in the car, where my pregnant wife said she had a craving for Little Caesars. We haven't been to one for about 10 years, we were starving and had no idea where to go. I pulled out the Droid and said, 'Navigate to Little Caesars' and it picked a place about 4 miles away.

On the way there, the most annoying song in the world was playing. Firefly. My wife said, "this song is so bad, i wonder who sings it." I took out the Droid, fired up Shazzam. It listened to the song and brought up the song name, the album name, and the artist.

Little Caesars was so good I was even inspired enough to update my Facebook Status (on the droid). My friends were so entertained I got four comments.

Since she is pregnant with our second, we need a new house. I downloaded an app called Block Busters (or similar) and it displays your position on a map... along with all the for-sale houses around you. It even included the suburbs of Chicago. Wherever we drove, we could see exactly what was for sale (and for how much) around our current position.

All these errands on a college football Saturday.... no worries. I was checking the scores the whole time... with a different app.

I like my phone.

i dont have that much experience on the droid like you did but i drove to a place where i have never been to yesterday to get the invisible shield installed on my droid and i used the navigation on the phone. to my surprise, it was so accurate that the gps fix is only within 2 meters!!

so it got me 45 minutes drive to the valley fair mall using the droids navigation. i was also using the satellite view and its amazing how my cars movement was depicted on the map.

QiG

Reaction score
You could be a commercial, but that post is a perfect example of everything this phone can be and what makes me really excited to have one.

amuse

Reaction score

I like my phone.
Thanks for the ShopSavvy mention. We are incorporating coupons and rebates into the app soon. Keep your eyes out for the update.

sir

Reaction score
this post is everything that is awesome about a smartphone with huge amounts of functionality. and not all of the smartphones out there can do all of what you just did.

droid++

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
ShopSavvy is truly a stunning app. Its the best scanner I've tried on the Market so far. Leaps and Bounds better than the "Barcode Scanner" app.