Mobile AIM Wireless Software for Droid?

jstephens9

Reaction score
I just got a new Droid, but I am having trouble finding out how to get the Mobile AIM/AOL wireless software. This is the app that is available for most of the other phones. It is a little different than IM forwarding in that you can view your buddy list. You can see and hear when someone on your buddy list enters. It is very similiar to having the AOL software on your computer. Does anyone know where I can get this for the Droid? I really need this ability. Thanks in advance.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
hmm i think the closest to AIM is Hello AIM =[ but its just like the regular IM

OP
J

jstephens9

Reaction score
Thanks. That may be the only solution. Where can you get that?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HI AIM does have Buddy Signin / Signout Notification. You can set up it with a notification sound if you choose to. It is off natively but it is supported if you want it.

drewshaver

Reaction score
my favorite is meebo. i can use it to login to my jabber server for work also

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Though does meebo allow for sign in and sign out notification noises? Also, meebo has NEVER worked right for me with AIM, and i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it many times.

OP
J

jstephens9

Reaction score
Thanks! Hello IM vs IM+

From looking at Hello AIM and IM+ on the Multiple Facets website, it appears either one would work for what I need. That is the ability to see when a buddy comes on AOL as well as hear a notification sound that someone from my buddy list has entered. Hello AIM appears to be more full featured and better than IM+. If anyone has any thoughts on which is better for my needs please post them. Either of these appear to be better than the one AOL is offering for some phones; however, I think their app is actually free for Blackberry, IPhone, and some others. However, even though the AOL app may be free and the Droid does not have tethering yet, I am very happy to no longer be a Blackberry user I actually just started with the Droid since I had it activated yesterday. It is GREAT so far and the Market is awesome. Thanks for all your comments, advice, and suggestions for this AOL/AIM need of mine. BTW, I have not checked out meebo yet.