AIM SMS text message problem

mooncat1337

Reaction score
I just recently got the Droid from Verizon and I noticed that if someone on my aim buddy list im's my phone via SMS IM from a computer, I'll get the message but Im unable to respond. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this and if so, if you resolved it. Can this be fixed?

I find it odd how AOL/AIM hasn't come out with a legitimate AIM application for the Droid. Blackberrys, PDAs, and general crappy basic phones have the real AIM app, so why didn't the droid make one... Oo

RickDMiller

Reaction score
I just recently got the Droid from Verizon and I noticed that if someone on my aim buddy list im's my phone via SMS IM from a computer, I'll get the message but Im unable to respond. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this and if so, if you resolved it. Can this be fixed?

I find it odd how AOL/AIM hasn't come out with a legitimate AIM application for the Droid. Blackberrys, PDAs, and general crappy basic phones have the real AIM app, so why didn't the droid make one... Oo
I had the same problem and was bounced around between AOL, AIM, VERIZON and MOTOROLA. None of them helped. I did find the solution! You need to go to into AIM and register your phone and then check the boxes to receive IM offline. You register the phone type and they send a code to the email address, enter the code and they send a link to the phone.. and it then works fine.