Can i just ask a question to the mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loebs

Reaction score
New Jersey, Hillsborough and Ortley Beach
How are we supposed to know the release and/or suspected release dates of this phone if we can't make a topic about it? I mean i really relied on this site to find out information about release dates and when they were suspected, i was checking the old thread everyday just to see what people thought and if any new news showed up, now i've been finding myself not on here as much as i was. I'd love to just have another topic like that, even if it was just small talk and suspicions, it was better than nothing.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Having a thread regarding prospective dates does nothing but cause trouble among members. There isn't one thread yet that hasn't been the result in. Keep in mind, we have been having to deal with those threads since August of last year.

I can assure you, we aren't changing our mind on the date issue. Nothing good can come of them.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The problem is any discussion of the phone to date has lead to so much fighting and violations of the rules that the staff is, justifiably, cautious and suspicious of the threads.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
...I can assure you, we aren't changing our mind on the date issue. Nothing good can come of them.

Good. Those threads were a pox.
OP you should pm this type of thing instead of making a thread.

OP
Loebs

Loebs

Reaction score
You guys can't like ban them or make them not be able to post for some time(sorry I can't think of the word at the time, but i know there is one lol). OR create a topic for mods to post in putting up release date info? I would just like to be able to check some kind of topic for release date information, it gives some kind of hope, yknow? I personally think its unfair that some foul-mouthed users had to ruin it for everyone and didn't even get "punished", so to speak.

OP
Loebs

Loebs

Reaction score
...I can assure you, we aren't changing our mind on the date issue. Nothing good can come of them.

Good. Those threads were a pox.
OP you should pm this type of thing instead of making a thread.

I wanted to let all the mods see, instead of just one, i just felt it was better, sorry

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Loebs I would also like to add that once a solid release date is known we will have it here for you all or somebody will tip the forums.

Other than that there is no new information out there. Nothing has changed from weeks ago.

So hang tight.

All bases are covered.

Sent from my Droid

OP
Loebs

Loebs

Reaction score
Loebs I would also like to add that once a solid release date is known we will have it here for you all or somebody will tip the forums.

Other than that there is no new information out there. Nothing has changed from weeks ago.

So hang tight.

All bases are covered.

Sent from my Droid

Okay thank you because i always check here for updates and things because i know as soon as info is released its up on here first. and i know that with my luck the phone will show up somewhere and i'll be completely blind to it lol thanks

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Your welcome loebs and thank you for asking the question. Its a good question and its a question on a lot of minds for sure : )

Sent from my Droid

cnmsales

Reaction score
I dont understand why the mods @ this community continue to punish ALL members for what a few do.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I dont understand why the mods @ this community continue to punish ALL members for what a few do.

Because every time we gave the benefit of the doubt and let another thread happen, it came back to bite us. EVERY time. This wasn't an occasional thing. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the other members that couldn't behave.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Punish ALL the members? Most people who use this forum don't really care about the TB's release date in the first place. In the second, it's not punishment it's protection.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CK has answered the main question, this isn't going to be something we are going to go back and forth on. We tried real hard to leave those threads open, and we explained why we closed them. Now having said that, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.