Thunderbolt News

Reaction score
Just a few updates regarding the TB.

1) Best buy will not be releasing earlier than VZW stores. They will have the same launch date.

2) Verizon WILL NOT be doing pre-orders on the Thunderbolt. They claim they will have enough in stock and is not worried about running out.

3) Price will be 249.99 for new 2 year contract. No rebates.

4) Verizon confirmed that the delay was in fact caused by the iphone 4. They're exact words were, " We had to give it a chance(referring to the iphone 4)".

5) Data Packages will remain the same until 4G coverage is available everywhere that 3G is. 30/month for unlimited

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This information came from the lead supervisor at my local corporate Verizon store. So I'm assuming this info is 100% legit.

Still nothing as far as a confirmed release date, but when I asked if it was dropping on the 24th, he smiled and said you'll have to come in on that day and see.

Hope this helps a few people. I'm hoping for a 24th release just like everyone else, and it looks like in 4 days, the wait is over! :icon_ banana:

krpiper

Reaction score
Sweet I am going to use my last NE2, so I can get it for $199! Woot!

Xtallynn

Reaction score
I'll be there in the 24th!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Best Buy is $299.99 on upgrade and $749.99 Retail.

Or at least that's what the weekly ad says (which needs corrected)

B

bthomp21

why is it in the ad and not available, it doesn't say "coming soon"?

bassJAM

Reaction score

How do you figure???

HTC ThunderBolt appears in Best Buy’s Sunday circular, costs $250 with contract, $750 without |

Best Buy has two different ads on their site. One is for phones only where the TB is listed for $300 (page 8). The other weekly ad has it for $250 (page 10).

edit: the links don't take you to the ads, but you can get to both ads from that page.

StinkyPete

Reaction score
Since the huge thread is now locked... I guess this one will have a couple thousand posts by the 24th...

Hope the OP is right...

Its TwiX

Reaction score

How do you figure???

HTC ThunderBolt appears in Best Buy’s Sunday circular, costs $250 with contract, $750 without |

Best Buy has two different ads on their site. One is for phones only where the TB is listed for $300 (page 8). The other weekly ad has it for $250 (page 10).

edit: the links don't take you to the ads, but you can get to both ads from that page.

Page 10 is Sprint EVO Shift for me...

30u5tzt.jpg

And when you highlight the Thunderbolt on any ad page, it shows:
314t8g4.jpg

Maybe it's just another mistake on the ad? BB seems to not care to fix it.

n0yxl

Reaction score

How do you figure???

You are correct! Seen it with my own two eyes. $249.99 +tax is the correct price though, as you stated.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Main thread is open, but being watched. This one will be too.

Everyone needs to relax and remain civil.