My conversation with Verizon and HTC

wardo

Reaction score
We all know the information shared by probably 99% of customer service and technical support representatives is not very supportive. I still figured I would share what I heard last night.
For starters, I own5 HTC devices. The Tbolt has been decent, nothing majorly wrong since the release date. Rezound is going on phone number 4. Tablet Flyer wifi, is going on number 4 as well.

Verizon would not send anything besides a refub resound, I talked to a level 3(I think but can’t recall 100%) executive complaint rep. She said they would send us 100 refub phones before sending a brand new phone. Funny thing is, I have been given new in box phones from the retail stores in the past. I wonder if those phones were all refurb.

Anyways, Verizon service rep and technical rep said there is not pending release a date for ICS. The service rep said they had notification the update was delayed and will not be set out until the end of September. She said that was what they were told on the 30[SUP]th[/SUP]-31th of August. The planed update for this month is no longer dated. Sounds like they have shut it down.

HTC, these people are always very nice to deal with. They listen and document everything you tell them. Unfortunately this is the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] time my tablet is being sent back. The rep I talked to last night said one way or another this will be the last time I send the tablet in. She said they might replace it, give me a rebate towards something else or tell me to stick it up my butt. She also confirmed ICS was having issues on our phone. No details of what the issues were. They pretty much closed their doors about it and don’t plan on giving updates about when it will be released. This fits perfectly with their twitter post saying it’s in Verizons hands.

My hopes for ICS just died. O well. It’s time to wait for the new phones coming out this fall.

‘’ to HTC or not to HTC’’ this is the question.

2001400ex

Reaction score
At this point, anyone who cares about ics has traded in thier phone, or will this fall. They might as well just kill it.

geoff5093

Reaction score
At this point, anyone who cares about ics has traded in thier phone, or will this fall. They might as well just kill it.
Sources? I still have my TB, as well as the majority of other TB owners since no one who bought the TB on or after launch day is eligible for an upgrade.

2001400ex

Reaction score
Sources? I still have my TB, as well as the majority of other TB owners since no one who bought the TB on or after launch day is eligible for an upgrade.

I said "or will this fall." I would be willing to be that 95% of the people who know what ICS is will trade in their phone this fall for a RAZR, HTC 1080p, the next Nexus, or even possible the new iphone 4 they rebranded and called it the 5. Or they already have upgraded to the Galaxy SIII. Just a fact.

Now, my step dad won't but he doesn't have a clue what ICS is, like 98% of all Thunderbolt users.

(okay, I don't have support, but I bet I am close on my percentages).

geoff5093

Reaction score
I said "or will this fall." I would be willing to be that 95% of the people who know what ICS is will trade in their phone this fall for a RAZR, HTC 1080p, the next Nexus, or even possible the new iphone 4 they rebranded and called it the 5. Or they already have upgraded to the Galaxy SIII. Just a fact.

Now, my step dad won't but he doesn't have a clue what ICS is, like 98% of all Thunderbolt users.

(okay, I don't have support, but I bet I am close on my percentages).
People aren't eligible for an upgrade until this winter, assuming you bought it on launch day.

Bolt2Razr

Reaction score
ummmmm just do what I did which is to not put up with this crap that HTC and VZW are expecting us to settle for. I Beotched and pointed out all the flaws on this phone to VZW and after my 4th was labeled defective they gave up and replaced it with a Razr.........HTC SUCKS !!! ......they are the absolute worst electronics company that I have ever bought anything off of.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I'm already waiting for the next best phone.

I like Motos new lineup but I'm not pulling the trigger to cop one.

HTC is a great company and have been on top for the longest time. They just made some bad moves in the past few years and that's the reason why they fell behind other manufacturers.

I will not judge HTC as a whole to be a terrible company and I can say out of exp due to being a fan of HTC since the Mogul, Titan, Touch and the Diamond and they always had support then as well as mine.

I'm not disappointed with the Tbolt at all. I'm upset that ICS hasn't arrived. Thas it.
But nevertheless, I'm done with it because even if we get ICS, it's only gonna hold our interest for so long anyway.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Ics was never designed to run on a single core phone. The thunderbolt is too outdated for it, and HTC made a mistake by even considering it for the thunderbolt. I had a solid run with my bolt until the day it died unexpectedly. It was the longest I'd kept a phone in awhile. I have a feeling my s3 will be the same way now. I feel bad for people whjlo bought a bolt 6 months ago because they're stuck with it for a long time.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Ics was never designed to run on a single core phone. The thunderbolt is too outdated for it, and HTC made a mistake by even considering it for the thunderbolt. I had a solid run with my bolt until the day it died unexpectedly. It was the longest I'd kept a phone in awhile. I have a feeling my s3 will be the same way now. I feel bad for people whjlo bought a bolt 6 months ago because they're stuck with it for a long time.
ICS is running fine for me on my TB, faster than GB.

Sherry

Reaction score
i walked out with the first Thunderbolt out of the Verizon Store in Waynesville NC in Nov 2010. My Verizon rep told me last month she would give me an update on 20 Oct, 1 month early. Nice offer but at this point I don't know what I want to move to. Nothing new that intrigues me. I have loved my Thunderbolt, it has been amazing. I do put it through it's paces (and drops/spills/etc) and it has never failed me. My only disappointment is not getting ICS but it is 2 years old and like PCs are really considered throw away at that point. That is unless you are my husband and still using the ORIGINAL RAZR, and I am NOT talking smartphone.

Psykho

Reaction score
Sherry said:
i walked out with the first Thunderbolt out of the Verizon Store in Waynesville NC in Nov 2010. My Verizon rep told me last month she would give me an update on 20 Oct, 1 month early. Nice offer but at this point I don't know what I want to move to. Nothing new that intrigues me. I have loved my Thunderbolt, it has been amazing. I do put it through it's paces (and drops/spills/etc) and it has never failed me. My only disappointment is not getting ICS but it is 2 years old and like PCs are really considered throw away at that point. That is unless you are my husband and still using the ORIGINAL RAZR, and I am NOT talking smartphone.

The Thunderbolt wasn't released until March 2011...

Psykho

Reaction score
Sherry said:
ooops, guess you are right, thanks. Just looked at the renewal on my phone (forget we switch around with other phones on my account) and decided that was it. Still like the phone though.

Yup I love mine too although I would like a new phone I can't justify it because my T-Bolt does what I need it to perfectly...