bionic release date

kdw11005

Reaction score
I just called verizon to get the release date for the bionic, I can't wait to get this phone! I currently have an HTC TB & can't get rid of it quick enough! So I ask the rep if she has the release date & she said they had several but they have all passed & there is no new one at this time. I asked how far in advance are they made aware of release dates and she said it depends on when the company wants to roll it out. She said sometimes they know a month ahead and other times just a few days. She said verizon is all ready to roll it out they are just waiting on the release date from Motorola. Anyone have a # for motorola so I can ask them?!

Reaction score
I just called verizon to get the release date for the bionic, I can't wait to get this phone! I currently have an HTC TB & can't get rid of it quick enough! So I ask the rep if she has the release date & she said they had several but they have all passed & there is no new one at this time. I asked how far in advance are they made aware of release dates and she said it depends on when the company wants to roll it out. She said sometimes they know a month ahead and other times just a few days. She said verizon is all ready to roll it out they are just waiting on the release date from Motorola. Anyone have a # for motorola so I can ask them?!

Their application for the FCC had requested confidentiality until August 7th. Being that VZW release phones on thursdays, it would stand to reason that the bionic should be dropping either August 4th or 11th if it coincides with the request for confidentiality.