Camera quality?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yea...sharpening after the fact helps ALOT. But the camera is still pretty sad. The zero lag shutter is a joke. If it takes the pic right away. I know it's not in focus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I've gotten some ok pics with the no shutter lag and not tapping the screen to focus. The sharpening helps a ton after, but if it's really out of focus, no amount of editing on the phone can save it:D

thorton02

Reaction score
While one other phone on the market right might be able to get a better pic in the poorest of lighting environments, the zero lag shutter makes the gnex camera by far the most useful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
The camera is the one downfall of this phone. Good lighting and it takes amazing pictures. Bad lighting and the pictures turn to crap. I wish the low light sensor was better. Overall, I think it's a decent camera, you just need to know how to manipulate it to get the picture you want.

I have yet to see a smartphone that can take good pictures in low light. Ill say one thing. The Gnex camera smashes the Moto camera on the Bionic I used to have. That camera was horrendous. It didnt matter how much light there was, everything came out dim and noisy as heck. Not to mention it took forever to focus, so you'd end up missing a lot of shots.

EDIT: Took this today.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus-general-discussions/187779-photos-taken-your-galaxy-nexus-thread-15.html#post2024513
N
ot sure how much more people are expecting from a smartphone camera.

Last edited:

turdbogls

Reaction score
Just a general question.....how many of you wipe the lens clean of fingerprints before taking a picture.

unless i am trying to snap a quick one, i do it every time.

RacingManiac

Reaction score
Just a general question.....how many of you wipe the lens clean of fingerprints before taking a picture.

unless i am trying to snap a quick one, i do it every time.

Same here....usually just with my shirt though, I don't carry lens cloth with me...

Tas

Reaction score
I have noticed my pictures coming out better as time goes by with the Nexus. I think just tapping the screen to focus and then shooting makes it so much better.

On a side question, there is no self timer on this puppy right? I didn't miss anything, did I?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

goosedeath

Reaction score
I have noticed my pictures coming out better as time goes by with the Nexus. I think just tapping the screen to focus and then shooting makes it so much better.

On a side question, there is no self timer on this puppy right? I didn't miss anything, did I?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Keep telling yourself that. Lol. I've noticed mine is kinda picky. Sometimes its super fast to focus and snap a pic, other times its almost as painfully slow as my ol' D1. But again, I'm far from stock, soooo...although when I was stock, the pictures were more hit than miss, but still a little less than I expected. And yes, I mean my Nexus.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums