Calendar sync for Tasks?

pequannock

Reaction score
I really want to have my Google tasks with due dates show up on my phone's calendar, either the stock calendar or a 3rd party app. As far as I can tell, although "Tasks" appears as a calendar in my Google account, that data is not synced to my Android phone. I have been using a calendar app which also does not show my Google Tasks, although it does show all events and other calendars in my account. I know there are calendar apps in the Market that say they sync with Google Tasks, but I'm not sure that means they will display dated tasks in the calendar view, just like they display events. I'm willing to pay for something like CalenGoo if it does what I want, but there doesn't seem to be a free trial version. Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has any advice on best ways to combine Calendar and Tasks. Since the dated tasks do show up on my online Google calendar, you'd think they would have a way to do the same on the phone via Android. Then again, perhaps not.

BTW, I do use GTasks to sync with my google tasks, and that works great, it just doesn't display the dated tasks on my calendar.

I'm using 2.2.2 on Droid 1.

Thanks for any help anyone might have to offer.​

joggy

Reaction score
Pure Calendar Widget will do this if you don't mind the task displaying in the widget. I would think his other offering (the grid widget) will do the same. I use GTasks and this combo and it works for me.

davidwilp

Reaction score
I LOVE Calengoo. I think it will do what you want but I am not sure. Here is a link to some info on it. Scroll down to tasks.
CalenGoo Tutorial

Also here is the email for the developer. Ask him (I think him) directly. He is very responsive and has always emailed me back when I asked questions.
[email protected]

davidwilp

Reaction score
I don't use tasks but I just checked for you and a task I entered online in Google did show up in Calengoo. In month view it shows up with the task highlighted and a little check box on the due date entered. Then when I click the tasks tab It shows the due date under that particular task. Hope this helps.

OP
P

pequannock

Reaction score
Thanks.

I don't use tasks but I just checked for you and a task I entered online in Google did show up in Calengoo. In month view it shows up with the task highlighted and a little check box on the due date entered. Then when I click the tasks tab It shows the due date under that particular task. Hope this helps.

I think I'll give Calengoo a try.

aksmilez

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to ask this question/make an app suggestion, but since we are talking about calendars here, can anyone tell me if there is an app that will allow you to set a different notification tone for different types of appointments? Right now I use cozi and getting the text messages as reminders works if my phone is right by me, but otherwise it is easy to ignore that you have an incoming text if you are really busy at the moment.

I have always had LG phones and have always loved them, but thought I would give a Droid a try. I am using a Droid X2 right now and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do that. I keep hearing that it is not possible, but that really frustrates me since it is possible in the stock calendar app in LG phones.

If I'm not being clear, I would like to be able to set a notification sound for birthdays, a different one for doctors appointments, a different one for school events for my children. In the LG app I could set each individual appointment created with its own notification sound. So, if my daughter had a basketball game and my son had a baseball game on the same day but at different times, I could set separate notification sounds for each one....

PLEASE...I really depend on my calendar for everything and that option had made my life so much easier and so much more organized...coming from someone with serious memory issues, that feature was an absolute must.

If it is not possible (GOD help me) is there some way that it can be suggested as a fix? I know so many other people with the same question as I have searched many forums looking for the answer.

Thanks