gtasks now integrated with Pure Calendar Agenda Widget

SGTiger

Reaction score
FYI:

If you have not tried gtasks in a while, you will find it has been improved greatly as of late. Gtasks is an app that syncs with Google tasks. It now has automatic sync.

Just recently the dev of that app worked with the dev of Pure Calendar in providing the synced tasks to the Pure Calendar Agenda Widget. The dev of Pure Calendar did a nice job of grabbing and displaying these tasks along with any scheduled appointments from the calendar. Tasks have a little blue dot beside them while calendar items have a vertical bar. Late tasks show up in red.

If you haven't used the Pure Calendar Agenda Widget, give it a try. You can adjust the transparency along with a large host of settings which makes the widget look extremely nice, IMO.

gTasks - beta v0.3.33m Application for Android | Productivity

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.org-koxx-pure_calendar-qmwt.aspx

searayman

Reaction score
FYI:

If you have not tried gtasks in a while, you will find it has been improved greatly as of late. Gtasks is an app that syncs with Google tasks. It now has automatic sync.

Just recently the dev of that app worked with the dev of Pure Calendar in providing the synced tasks to the Pure Calendar Agenda Widget. The dev of Pure Calendar did a nice job of grabbing and displaying these tasks along with any scheduled appointments from the calendar. Tasks have a little blue dot beside them while calendar items have a vertical bar. Late tasks show up in red.

If you haven't used the Pure Calendar Agenda Widget, give it a try. You can adjust the transparency along with a large host of settings which makes the widget look extremely nice, IMO.

gTasks - beta v0.3.33m Application for Android | Productivity

Pure Calendar widget (agenda) v1.7.3 Application for Android | Productivity

I noticed this last night o and love it!!! Iit used to only work with astrid but it was kind of a pain to me cause I am a heavy user of gtasks on google calendar on my desktop so this is integration i have been hoping for, for so long!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
SWEET!!!!!
Thanks, I had tried gTasks but wasn't really pleased and have been debating about Pure Calendar... this will probably settle it. Thanks for the post.:icon_ banana:

OP
SGTiger

SGTiger

Reaction score
The only caveat is that you have to have gtasks running in the background for auto sync to work. I was hoping the dev would build that into his widget. I would then just put the widget on one of my home screens that I never use so that autosync would be kind of transparent.

As it stands now I have to remember to not close out of gtasks and also remember to start the gtasks app running after a reboot. Maybe if enough people ask the gtasks dev about it, he will allow autosyncing from his widget.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only caveat is that you have to have gtasks running in the background for auto sync to work. I was hoping the dev would build that into his widget. I would then just put the widget on one of my home screens that I never use so that autosync would be kind of transparent.

As it stands now I have to remember to not close out of gtasks and also remember to start the gtasks app running after a reboot. Maybe if enough people ask the gtasks dev about it, he will allow autosyncing from his widget.

Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't already on his personal to-do list. Most of the developers (legit ones like this) are pretty good about noticing that and anticipating what people want.

OP
SGTiger

SGTiger

Reaction score
Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't already on his personal to-do list. Most of the developers (legit ones like this) are pretty good about noticing that and anticipating what people want.

He's actually pretty active in the google group he uses for interaction. Unfortunately he didn't seem very receptive nor understand the need for it when I posted my concerns about having to keep the app in the background for the auto sync to work.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

He's actually pretty active in the google group he uses for interaction. Unfortunately he didn't seem very receptive nor understand the need for it when I posted my concerns about having to keep the app in the background for the auto sync to work.

huh, interesting. Guess we'll see. If not it might leave room for someone else to take advantage and make a better app:icon_ banana:

PatG

Reaction score
I tried gTasks when it first came out since it was integrated with Google Tasks. I am not interested using Pure Calendar. In it self it is not bad, but it needs to provide pop up reminders, like Astrid. Being able to set a recurring event would be nice, too.

OP
SGTiger

SGTiger

Reaction score
I tried gTasks when it first came out since it was integrated with Google Tasks. I am not interested using Pure Calendar. In it self it is not bad, but it needs to provide pop up reminders, like Astrid. Being able to set a recurring event would be nice, too.

You can use the following site to suggest improvements and vote on those already suggested:

Google Moderator