Astrid integration with Google Calendar

jtpryan

Reaction score
Is it possible to sync tasks with Google calendar and Astrid? I know about Remember the Milk, but would like to use Google Calendar. The normal tasks section of GC don't seem to carry down to my phone, so I was hoping Astrid may have a solution.

-Jim

markdobson

Reaction score
Astrid works as does gTasks...

*** I use it in conjunction with Pure Calendar widget (agenda style) syncs all my tasks, task notes and all of my various Google calendars.

Last edited:

jbsangel

Reaction score
Astrid just includes an option when creating the task to add it to the calendar. It adds as a calendar event. I do not believe this is event is "synced" ie if you later change the task, I'm pretty sure it does not change the calendar event.

To build on markdobson has posted, he's using pure calendar widget to view his calendar on his homescreen. This widget will also incorporate gTasks and Astrid tasks in that it will also show them on the calendar widget. However, it is NOT adding the tasks to the calendar, only showing the calendar events and tasks on the same calendar widget.

When you say, "the normal tasks don't carry down to your phone" i assume you mean tasks you enter on the web don't trickle down to your calendar on your phone. Yep, google ommitance. There are a few apps in the market that will sync in that way. Like bennyj posted, gTasks is one.