Cable issues

slowautoxr

Reaction score
Seems like I have terrible luck with cables. Some won't charge my Bionic although it will charge my wife's Samsung. I've also had a couple now that won't charge my phone unless I position it just right. This is getting aggravating now. What's the best cable to get? Or do they all do this?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Sounds like it could possibly be the charging port on your phone. How old is the device? Are you a heavy user? (Lots of charge cycles)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
S

slowautoxr

Reaction score
It happens whether I plug it into the computer, wall plug, or car charger. I charge overnight of course but there are times when I need to charge during the day as well. I would not consider myself a heavy user. The cord I'm charging with right now is intermittent. I can't make it turn off or on by messing with the port. if I move the wires around then I can get it to come on and go off but that could still be slightly moving the plug in the port.

Lyndylulu

Reaction score
It happens whether I plug it into the computer, wall plug, or car charger. I charge overnight of course but there are times when I need to charge during the day as well. I would not consider myself a heavy user. The cord I'm charging with right now is intermittent. I can't make it turn off or on by messing with the port. if I move the wires around then I can get it to come on and go off but that could still be slightly moving the plug in the port.

I have had this problem with my Droid 3. The only solution I have found is buying a new cord. Apparently the connector end of the cord is wearing out. Don't like buying a new cord every 6 months, but haven't figured out a better fix.

jcimlas

Reaction score
Cables are pretty cheap but it might also be your charging port problem on your phone.