USB cable won't connect..

iOSfails

Reaction score
Well, it connects to the computer and it charges but the computer says it has "malfunctioned". I've read that some cables are only for charging. I know for a fact mine isn't since I flash some about every week. While it was charging one day it fell from about 3 feet above the ground (landed on carpet, don't worry) and landed right where the cable was plugged in. Ever since that drop I've need to adjust the cord in the right position so it will charge. I know the phone hardware is fine because I've used other chargers. But my computer won't recognize my Gnex as a media device. It won't recognize it at all!
I was planning on flashing a new ROM today but I clearly cannot do that.

So, is there ANY other way of transferring the .zips to my phone? I plan on getting a new cable sometime this week...I just want to flash NOW :p

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Do you have a ROM installed currently? More importantly, do you have a kernel that supports fast USB charging. If so, do you have fast USB charging enabled?

There are many wireless file transfer apps on the Market that work pretty swimmingly, I use them over USB simply because it is more convenient, no wires involved is aways a plus.

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Do you have a ROM installed currently? More importantly, do you have a kernel that supports fast USB charging. If so, do you have fast USB charging enabled?

There are many wireless file transfer apps on the Market that work pretty swimmingly, I use them over USB simply because it is more convenient, no wires involved is aways a plus.

Wow, I feel absolutely ridiculous. I'm running AXI0M CROSSBREED MONOLITH B1 with Franco's latest stable kernel (Milestone 2). Had his updater app and had fast USB charging ENABLED and once toggled off, boom, works. So, I feel pretty dumb right now. But thanks!
Any wireless transfer apps you'd recommend??

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Wow, I feel absolutely ridiculous. I'm running AXI0M CROSSBREED MONOLITH B1 with Franco's latest stable kernel (Milestone 2). Had his updater app and had fast USB charging ENABLED and once toggled off, boom, works. So, I feel pretty dumb right now. But thanks!
Any wireless transfer apps you'd recommend??

Ha ha, don't feel like an idiot! I did the SAME exact thing, which is why I asked you that first and foremost. Glad you were able to figure that out, mostly so you didn't have to go drop cash on a new cable that you didn't need!

And I use WiFi File Transfer Pro. You have to pay to have no restriction on the sizes of files you upload, but I believe it is only $.99. There are free alternatives, but the one I used before had issues with force closing when stopping the service and the icon would stay in the notification bar until uninstall or reboot. Maybe you will have better luck with the other options though! The one I suggested also has a very nice UI!

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Ha ha, don't feel like an idiot! I did the SAME exact thing, which is why I asked you that first and foremost. Glad you were able to figure that out, mostly so you didn't have to go drop cash on a new cable that you didn't need!

And I use WiFi File Transfer Pro. You have to pay to have no restriction on the sizes of files you upload, but I believe it is only $.99. There are free alternatives, but the one I used before had issues with force closing when stopping the service and the icon would stay in the notification bar until uninstall or reboot. Maybe you will have better luck with the other options though! The one I suggested also has a very nice UI!

Excellent! Thank you for your help and I'll definitely check it out!
Thanks again!

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Don't mention it man! Good luck with the wireless transfer apps if you decide to check them out.