browsers force closing...

Russ2387

Reaction score
my browser and my dolphin browser both randomly close. there is no "notice" of force close. it just closes and goes back to my desk top. its very aggravating, especially when i have followed links and then have to try to remember how i got there. i have had this problem for a few months now. through many different roms. i have done wipes. do i have a virus? i do backups with titanium back up and or "rstapps" "bkapps". if i do have a virus, would it follow me after a wipe with those backups? does anyone else have this problem?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my browser and my dolphin browser both randomly close. there is no "notice" of force close. it just closes and goes back to my desk top. its very aggravating, especially when i have followed links and then have to try to remember how i got there. i have had this problem for a few months now. through many different roms. i have done wipes. do i have a virus? i do backups with titanium back up and or "rstapps" "bkapps". if i do have a virus, would it follow me after a wipe with those backups? does anyone else have this problem?

First you don't have a virus. Don't worry about that.

I'm going to assume you are not using any task killers. If you are remove them. As well as any virus protection.

Instead of doing a wipe do a factory data reset from your privacy section. I believe this will clear your problem up….at least for a while. I also think however since it's happening with two browsers you have an app in there that's causing the issue.

I say pick one browser, not two to start with. If you have any browser add ons, remove them.

Run the phone for a couple of days after the wipe and see how it works. Start adding your non paid apps back to the phone and see if you can figure out which is the problem app. It may be something you don't need that's accessing your browser and causing it to fc.

OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
well i do use advanced task killer. but ill try deleting it.... {love the app killer}.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well i do use advanced task killer. but ill try deleting it.... {love the app killer}.

ATK is ok to use so long as yo don't have it set to automatically kill applications. It could be what's force closing your browsers.

OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
ahhhhhhhhh. im such an IDIOT!!!!! WHY WHY WHY didnt i think of that???? yes it is set on automatic... :rolleyes:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont use the task killer at all. Why do you love it? It is not needed. Causes problems and uses resources.