Broken power button

Reaction score
So my power button has become recessed. I am wondering is there a way to fix it. With out taking apart. I have like 4 months left on my contract so spending the 90 dollar deductible for asurion is not totally worth it. So anyone have any ideas.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds kinda funny, but just run the battery down let it auto shut off, plugging in would turn back on.
To unlock it just slide the keyboard open.
Kinda a hassle but worth $90 for a few months, u decide... some rom's have custom unlock features such as pressing home to unlock...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So my power button has become recessed. I am wondering is there a way to fix it. With out taking apart. I have like 4 months left on my contract so spending the 90 dollar deductible for asurion is not totally worth it. So anyone have any ideas.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
I remember reading quite a while ago that someone took their Droid to a phone repair shop and had the button repaired/replaced and it was very inexpensive. I seem to recall one person saying it was about 20 bucks and another saying it about 50 dollars. Good luck.

csaunders4z

Reaction score
Happened to me. Twice. I returned my first Droid due in part to this problem, got a replacement from the VZW store, and within 4 months, the off button had again become recessed. Still kind of usable if you really work to jam it down in there, but overall... a disappointing experience.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it's rooted you can flash Cyanogen or Liquid - both have an option to reroute the power button to the volume rocker