Power Button Dead, App to Unlock Screen?

loophole

Reaction score
My power button is dead on my droid running 2.2.. I have to slide the keyboard open constantly to power on to the lock screen. Is there an app to wake the phone in some other manner? Or is there a way to map the key for the power button to the camera or the home key ?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My power button is dead on my droid running 2.2.. I have to slide the keyboard open constantly to power on to the lock screen. Is there an app to wake the phone in some other manner? Or is there a way to map the key for the power button to the camera or the home key ?

Not that I know of. What's stopping you from using your 1 year warranty to get it fixed?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

There's supposed to be an app called something like Menu Unlock..? I've seen it a few times but have not tried it personally to be able to say if its worth it or not though. But, that's what the "comments" section is there for. I also agree with Hookbill though...why not do a warranty claim and get a replacement?

OP
L

loophole

Reaction score
well then i'd have to send my phone in and be without a phone for a minute, also have to revert everything back to stock. I do plan on sending it in in the next few weeks but just wanted a better fix then sliding the keyboard open for the time being. Thanks for the app suggestion and if anyone has any other advice let me know.

p.s. also trying to wait longer in the hopes they may offer an upgrade to Droid 2. Unlikely but still..

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well then i'd have to send my phone in and be without a phone for a minute, also have to revert everything back to stock. I do plan on sending it in in the next few weeks but just wanted a better fix then sliding the keyboard open for the time being. Thanks for the app suggestion and if anyone has any other advice let me know.

p.s. also trying to wait longer in the hopes they may offer an upgrade to Droid 2. Unlikely but still..

I stand corrected. That app only unlocks the phone, it doesn't wake it. Warranty or toughing it out until an upgrade is probably you only option.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try Shaker and Shaker Lite. Full version is only $1