Someone please help... Screen won't turn on

zachfrazer

Reaction score
Okay, so I recently rooted my droid and flashed CyanogenMod Stable v. 6.1.2. When I booted up and started exploring and using my droid, I noticed that the screen would only turn on every other time I would press the power button. For instance, the phone would be off, I would press the power button, the backlight would turn on and the soft keys at the bottom would light up, but the screen would not turn on until I pressed the power button again to lock the phone and then pressed the power button again to unlock it. I had no idea why this was happening, and I wondered if rebooting my phone would fix the issue. So, I rebooted my phone, and now the screen won't turn on. Period. When I press the power button to turn the screen on or open up the physical keyboard, the backlight will come on and the soft keys will light up, but the screen will not turn on. Interestingly enough though, I can still feel the haptic feedback when I put my finger on the place where you drag the slider, so I know the phone is still working, I just don't know why my screen is not turning on. I have taken the battery out and put it back in a few times, plugged the phone in to USB and to the charger, and nothing. Someone please tell me what is going on!!

Karen Arthur

Reaction score
First tell me did your droid fall on the floor and your screen was damaged which is why its not turning on because your keypad is showing light. You should remove the battery first and check it, second check your screen as well maybe its loose.

N2Nuttin

Reaction score
I had this happen last week to me, after removing the battery I hit the reset button on the phone. It came right back up, and have had no issues since then. Not sure if that was the right thing to do, or if it's bad for the phone, but it worked and at the time it was not. Might want to give that a try. Good luck!