Power button issue

jrodshortstop

Reaction score
Hi there. Yesterday, the power button on my phone all of sudden stuck in. It stills works, but I have to mash it pretty hard to get it to work. Needless to say this is really annoying. Since my droid is rooted, I was wondering if it would be possible to move the power button's function to a different physical button on the phone, like the camera button.

Tell me what you think.
Thanks!

Ominous

Reaction score
My wife's Droid did the same thing. She took it in to Verizon and they mailed her a replacement phone the next day even though she had no warranty and the phone was 8 months old.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

warrior21

Reaction score
That would be a hardware issue and still covered under the manufacturers warranty.

Sent from my Droid

joeybarclay

Reaction score
This exact thing happed to my phone and Verizon wont replace it. They said they couldn't replace it because it still worked even though I have to press it hard and its inside the phone.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing but I've learned to live with it. I don't want to take a chance on getting a crappy replacement.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Instead of going into Verizon call customer service. You have a one year warranty on the Droid. The power button is covered under that warranty and you should be able to get a replacement. Just tell them that more than half the time it won't work and when it does you have to push real hard. That should do the trick and get them to send you a replacement.