Broken power button

onelegchair

Reaction score
Ok keeping it simple. My droid = broken power button. Anyway to fix it or even change it to where the camera acts as the power button? Waiting for reply thanks.
9e48544a-cc98-4caa-b265-ec7239539108

OP
onelegchair

onelegchair

Reaction score
Yeah, but I didn't buy it. It's my friends old one.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Call them anyways, there have been reports of warranty claims being fulfilled on devices purchased on craigslist :D

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, but I didn't buy it. It's my friends old one.

Verizon does not care where it came from as they are not the ones that replace it. The replacement phone comes directly from Motorola. Just call customer service they will have a replacement sent to you.

obstar85

Reaction score
Well something was bound to eventually happen to my Droid. I have had it for over a year and the only issue I have had is the power button is sticking down and doing what it wants these days. I called Verizon and have a new phone on its way to me now, and I am like a little kid at christmas. They said they might have a Droid but if not I will be getting something in the Droid family (incredible, X, or 2).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Sorry to hear about your Droid but I have seen that problem before. Glad that Verizon is taking care of you and you are probably getting an upgrade because the Droid 1's are not being made any more (unless they send you a refurbished). Good luck and let us know what they send you.

Ziocomposite

Reaction score
That's awesome! I'm in the same boat regarding a broken power button but didn't know if it was replaceable. Let me know how it goes so I can call them too.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Yes your droid is replaceable because it is a hardware issue. When any of the buttons (power, camera, or the soft keys across the bottom) stop working Verizon has been pretty good at replacing the phone. I know from personal experience that if you have an upgrade close they will try to burn your upgrade instead of doing a warranty replacement. But if they try to do that your other option is if you have insurance on your phone you can put in a claim, pay the deductible (which is about 90 bucks) and get a replacement that will most likely be an upgrade.

Ziocomposite

Reaction score
Lol I didn't know it but now I do. So to update, just got the phone replaced today by another Droid and I'm as happy as can be. :) only took them a day to send and its definitely like new!!

obstar85

Reaction score
I just finished up rooting and loading UD 3 on my new remanufactured Droid. It worked well for me button broke on Saturday. I have a new phone and its Wednesday with no money out of my pocket. Verizon is a lot better than sprint was.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

STVA

Reaction score
My power button lost resistance and is probably going to break soon.

My phone is two weeks out of warranty. F you Motorola. I want to really like your product, but between this and the loose headphone jack (which I fixed myself), these phones are not built to last the length of a contract.

pshaw92

Reaction score
I am on the gingerbread CM7 rom and I would like to flash the most current nightly but my power button broke the other day and I have no way of rebooting into recovery because I don't think you can do it through rom manager anymore because of issues with the 2nd init hack. Anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Button remapper android market

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums