Broken Keyboard

shawth692

Reaction score
For some reason, my droid's physical keyboard has certain typing problems. Either the letters i type dont type at all or they double type. I get a message looking like: Heey hw are youu (hey how are you). Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How long have you had your phone for?
When did this first start occurring?
Did Verizon have anything to offer?

If your phone is stock you could try a factory reset if removing recently added apps doesn't do the trick. If that doesn't fix it then there could be a hardware issue and Verizon would swap you out for a replacement phone. I've seen lots of issues but this isn't a common one I've seen.

OP
S

shawth692

Reaction score
I've had my phone from since about a month after launch. The problem began about a month or two ago and haven't contacted verizon yet. Does a factory reset delete everyone off my phone or just select things?

Zilcho

Reaction score
I've recently been having the same problem, that's how I ended up finding this thread. If anyone knows a way to fix this, help would be much appreciated.

brando56894

Reaction score
a factory reset will delete everything in the /data partiton (all user installed apps and their associated data). This may be a pain in the butt if you use the physical keyboard a lot but it doesnt really affect the functionality of the the phone that much since you can still use the virtual keyboard.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. Thinking about getting a warranty swap at VZW, and whether or not that fix works doesn't really help much since you would have to disable the software keyboard which i like to use for one handed responses :/

Fresh330

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my phone. I bought my Droid the day it was released. I went to Verizon, told them about it and they 2-dayed me a new phone. No questions asked. That was about 4 months ago.

The replacement phone is starting to do the same thing. The letter "H" won't work unless I press extra hard. Then, I'll get 2 H's.

I use my keyboard about 90% of the time. I'm thinking that the design isn't very durable.

I was considering going back to Verizon to get a fresh one but rumors are swirling that Asurion will be offering the Droid X/Incredible (possibly Droid 2) as a replacement in the near future. I'll wait and see how that pans out.