Bricked my Droid 3, RSD-Lite method is NOT working.

drbobmd

Reaction score
I tried .890 via both rsdlite and 1 click, resulting in nada. I am beginning to wonder if flashing too many images has somehow corrupted the partitioning scheme or the storage itself.

From what I gathered at http://elinux.org/Android_Booting, this problem appears to occurr during the first stage bootloader as it is unable to boot into recovery despite rsdlite confirming a successful flash, never mind the normal boot sequence itself, and the boot loader has somehow been damaged although how that is possible I'm not sure as it is locked and transitively frustrating many d3 peeps (unless this could actually be the possibility of an exploit, which would kick ass! Prolly not the case, but doesn't hurt to be optimistic :) ).

I just with I could see what the error message on the moto screen is (super duper tiny tiny). Is it possible to A) somehow view that error message via USB and B) completely wipe the entirevfile system clean? I'm actually installing sdk right now but quite frankly I have no clue what I'm doing

Edit: A) adb is a friend. Now to learn how to use it

Last edited:

RasMouSein

Reaction score
I tried .890 via both rsdlite and 1 click, resulting in nada. I am beginning to wonder if flashing too many images has somehow corrupted the partitioning scheme or the storage itself.

From what I gathered at Android Booting - eLinux.org, this problem appears to occurr during the first stage bootloader as it is unable to boot into recovery despite rsdlite confirming a successful flash, never mind the normal boot sequence itself, and the boot loader has somehow been damaged although how that is possible I'm not sure as it is locked and transitively frustrating many d3 peeps (unless this could actually be the possibility of an exploit, which would kick ass! Prolly not the case, but doesn't hurt to be optimistic :) ).

I just with I could see what the error message on the moto screen is (super duper tiny tiny). Is it possible to A) somehow view that error message via USB and B) completely wipe the entirevfile system clean? I'm actually installing sdk right now but quite frankly I have no clue what I'm doing

Edit: A) adb is a friend. Now to learn how to use it

any more input on that my friend :)

codeman9090

Reaction score
Ovelayer, I'm having the same problem with the flashing process failed 6/18. It seems you no longer have the signature that links to the thread which has the 1click. Can you help me out?

codeman9090

Reaction score
Thank you so much! Will this just unbrick my phone, or will it also allow me to flash with RSD Lite?

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Np..
This will sbf you from 906 back to 890 without the use of rsdlite
It is a .exe file so it will run on windows..
Just make sure you were on the 906 update or this will softbrick you and you will have to flash the 906 in stock recovery to unbrick yourself

JUST MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS

Hope it all works out for ya!

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dont know if macs run normal windows exe files...
jie7.jpg

jie8.jpg

jie9.jpg

jie10.jpg

i believe mac can with a certian program..right now after 5lbs of turkey and a fifth of jack i cant remember the name of the program lol
happy turkey day