Droid 3 stuck in bootloop

fliptrick

Reaction score
I need some help flashing back to stock. I installed the team kang rom and now i'm stuck in a bootloop and when i try to sbf it will not recognize my phone in fast boot mode, however when i go to the sbf option in bootloader it does recognize but it fails. i also tried the alternative one click method and it didn't work as well. i have the right drivers installed, i'm using the newest rsd lite and i have the correct sbf. any kind of help any one can give is appreciated.

Reaction score
What strap did you use? If you used safe, just toggle systems and start over. If not. Hmmm.. i remember i bricked my phone once... when i went to sbf, the phone just could not detect the usb. H/o just a sec... ok, i just rebooted my phone + m to jog my memory a bit... i couldnt connect with sbf flash, i used ap fastboot... but you say its not working for you... damn, i dunno what to tell you. But iknow someone on this board will. Good luck

I wonder if booting into cwm recovery and wiping data will help? Sometimes not wiping data after an install causes bootloops. While you're at it, wipe the cache and dalvik cache. Once more, good luck. Our phones aren't easy to hard brick

Last edited:
OP
F

fliptrick

Reaction score
What strap did you use? If you used safe, just toggle systems and start over. If not. Hmmm.. i remember i bricked my phone once... when i went to sbf, the phone just could not detect the usb. H/o just a sec... ok, i just rebooted my phone + m to jog my memory a bit... i couldnt connect with sbf flash, i used ap fastboot... but you say its not working for you... damn, i dunno what to tell you. But iknow someone on this board will. Good luck

I wonder if booting into cwm recovery and wiping data will help? Sometimes not wiping data after an install causes bootloops. While you're at it, wipe the cache and dalvik cache. Once more, good luck. Our phones aren't easy to hard brick

I fixed it. Idk what it was but I just switched everything over to my netbook and it all worked perfectly. It seem illogical to think it.was the computer that anything to do with it, since they were both using the same OS.

OP
F

fliptrick

Reaction score
However now I have no mobile network. Any advice with this new complication?

Reaction score
Did you activate your phone? Is there a triangle in your status bar? You gotta activate after sbf. Dial *228, press 1 to activate. *228 again, press 2 to update prl. Good luck