Bricked my Droid 3, RSD-Lite method is NOT working.

MasterChris

Reaction score
Recently the .906 update came to my phone, and I was using the Rubix ROM at the time.
I updated my phone to .906, and all the ROM features were lost(as expected).
So, I went around and found Maverick ROM which I really liked, and so I flashed that onto my phone.
Inside the Maverick ROM there was a feature where I could install "Loader2" instead of the stock "Blur Loader" or something like that..
I installed Loader2, and when my phone rebooted, it did not boot up, it is stuck at the Droid booting animation, and will not boot up.
My CWM Bootstrapper does not work, and recovery does not work either(when I do power + m and press recovery).
So, freaking out I tried using the AP Fastboot method with RSD Lite, and every single time I flash I get an error at step 6 saying "Failed flashing process. 6/18 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.;phone connected"
No RSD-Lite flash method is working, and I am stuck.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Chris

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
your not stuck ove is here lol
click the link in my signature download the 1clicknew sbf.exe from my thread and follow the instructions and all will be good

OP
M

MasterChris

Reaction score
Wow..

click the link in my signature download the 1clicknew sbf.exe from my thread and follow the instructions and all will be good

I'll be honest dude, I had to leave the house so I quickly posted this onto the forums, but before I left I was going to do EXACTLY what you just told me to do, it was literally my last resort..
It worked.
I love you. <3 (No homo) LOL.dancedroid:icon_ banana:

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol no worries glad it all worked out foe ya!

drbobmd

Reaction score
Good afternoon Gentlemen =]

I have used both the one click method as well as rsd lite and neither of which have yielded positive results. On both scenarios, I boot in AP Fastboot, connect, execute, and upon reboot I am presented with the regular moto dual-core screen but with what I imagine to be some sort of white text and it just hangs.

Prior to needing the sbf, I was using hash's cm9 but switching back and forth a bit (the NBC olympics app wasn't playing nicely with cm9's flash issues) and the phone began rebooting constantly so I switched back to stock, under which the reboot issue persisted (although not as bad). Then this morning it either stuck at aforementioned moto screen (with white text), refused to turn on, or boot properly only to crash and go right back to the previous. Now after the fix attempts, it consistently boots the moto screen with the white text.

I have been seeing folks mention using 'x + power' for booting into recovery (recov. screen with triangle and exclamation point) but this does nothing. Does this apply to the Droid 3 or is this for different devices (vs. d3's 'm + power')

Might ye have any thoughts? Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I do know what the thanks button is ;]

cloudstrife05

Reaction score

Seems im in the same boat after trying to FLash the newest Alpha cm9. After flashing the ROM and then gapps, I just get a blank screen. I wiped and tried again..still blank screen. Wiped again.
So I decided to go into non-safe mode and recover my Non safe Backup to go stock for a while.. maybe thats what caused my problem. Stuck at Moto screen and Safestrap no longer works? There is a screen that just has white text but never ran RSD lite. I have a MAC. Can I use your download for the Mac and push it to my phone? Sorry not tech savvy any my question might not make any sense.
Didi little research and found out about Fastboot files? Not sure how to install them, and again i have a mAC so not sure if im screwed or not. Thx for your time

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good afternoon Gentlemen =]

I have used both the one click method as well as rsd lite and neither of which have yielded positive results. On both scenarios, I boot in AP Fastboot, connect, execute, and upon reboot I am presented with the regular moto dual-core screen but with what I imagine to be some sort of white text and it just hangs.

Prior to needing the sbf, I was using hash's cm9 but switching back and forth a bit (the NBC olympics app wasn't playing nicely with cm9's flash issues) and the phone began rebooting constantly so I switched back to stock, under which the reboot issue persisted (although not as bad). Then this morning it either stuck at aforementioned moto screen (with white text), refused to turn on, or boot properly only to crash and go right back to the previous. Now after the fix attempts, it consistently boots the moto screen with the white text.

I have been seeing folks mention using 'x + power' for booting into recovery (recov. screen with triangle and exclamation point) but this does nothing. Does this apply to the Droid 3 or is this for different devices (vs. d3's 'm + power')

Might ye have any thoughts? Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I do know what the thanks button is ;]

what system/ota were you on prior to attempting to sbf

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seems im in the same boat after trying to FLash the newest Alpha cm9. After flashing the ROM and then gapps, I just get a blank screen. I wiped and tried again..still blank screen. Wiped again.
So I decided to go into non-safe mode and recover my Non safe Backup to go stock for a while.. maybe thats what caused my problem. Stuck at Moto screen and Safestrap no longer works? There is a screen that just has white text but never ran RSD lite. I have a MAC. Can I use your download for the Mac and push it to my phone? Sorry not tech savvy any my question might not make any sense.
Didi little research and found out about Fastboot files? Not sure how to install them, and again i have a mAC so not sure if im screwed or not. Thx for your time

yeah sorry bro im not a mac guy so im sot sure how you would go about it..i dont know if macs run normal windows exe files...

drbobmd

Reaction score
what system/ota were you on prior to attempting to sbf

.906. Made sure to use the correct corresponding tools. If I'm not mistaken, the tools flash the .890 image then you need to update to .906?

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
.906. Made sure to use the correct corresponding tools. If I'm not mistaken, the tools flash the .890 image then you need to update to .906?
correct..
you can either go to settings/about phone/system updates and install it from there or
you can go to my thread download the. 906 ota update place it on your external sdcard boot your phone into STOCK recovery pwr+x and install update

drbobmd

Reaction score
you can either go to settings/about phone/system updates and install it from there
The problem there lies that I would have to be able to boot the phone. Whenever I turn it on/plug it in I get the initial moto dual-core screen with some so-small-its-unreadable white text at the bottom and it just camps there until I pull the battery

you can go to my thread download the. 906 ota update place it on your external sdcard boot your phone into STOCK recovery pwr+x and install update
I've tried using the pwr+x recovery and nothing happens (it goes straight to the same moto screen, as if I had just pressed the power button). Booting into recovery from the pwr+m menu displays the original moto screen but doesn't go anywhere

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you try to install the. 890 sbf?

drbobmd

Reaction score
I tried per your suggestion and it's refusing to flash due to battery life, which I am currently resolving =] From what I have been reading, it has the symptoms of a hard brick (I think, and therefor could very well be completely wrong), except I can load the boot selector menu via m+power and enter AP Fastboot for 1Click/rsdlite (which, aside from current issues, i believe is doing its proper job).

I went to Verizon today after discovering there was an unused and unclaimed upgrade on our family plan :icon_ banana: and obtained myself a shiny new SGS3 =] with one MAJOR drawback. One of developers' friendliest hardware manufacturers LOCKED THE DAMN ******* BOOTLOADER. So now it's like having my d3 again. With no keyboard. sdfljghadfghaskjvbavbqovn

Sorry for ranting for split sec =]

Moral of the story is fixing this little buddy is no longer mandatory as I have a new toy/communications device again, however I would like to resurrect it for a spare phone, d3 development testing and nostalgia's sake (it was my first android =]). I'm going to keep trying a few different things and if I can manage some success I'll be sure to let you know. Much obliged for your help :biggrin:

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when you get your battery chargerd try to install the. 890 sbf sence you can still get into your bootloader we should be able to get this fixed..