Bricked Droid 4 [HELP!]

H0H3N5T3RN

Reaction score
My droid 4 bricked tonight when I was trying to fastboot 4.1.2 files. Now it won't turn on, won't light up, won't do a damn thing. I try plugging it in and the computer doesn't even recognize it, and rsd lite doesn't show it either. I'm stumped. I tried holding down all the buttons (both volume and power buttons). I tried plugging it into the wall, plugged it in to my computer with my factory cable (so it shouldn't be a battery issue). Whats my next play?

GigaJake

Reaction score
The device won't charge in fastboot mode, and if you're unable to boot I assume the battery is dead. If that's the case you have 2 options. Use a factory cable to flash firmware without a charged battery, or strip the wires of an existing cable and hold them against the battery terminals to manually charge it.

Please note that a factory cable is NOT the same thing as the official moto usb cable that came with your device. A factory cable is a modified cable capable of drawing power from the pc while flashing. I found one on Amazon for around $20.

if your battery is dead than those are your only two options.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
H

H0H3N5T3RN

Reaction score
I'm fully aware of what a factory cable is, and as I stated above, that's what i'm using. I'm 100% sure that my battery is not the issue, also stated above, because I went and specially ordered a factory cable for these kinds of things.