BREAKING: Motorola Unlocks Your Device Via "Unlock My Device"

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure VZW can't kick you off for being unlocked. This is a classic case of blogs spreading inflammatory rumors to drive hits. This is simply not going to happen. 95% of VZW hate around here is generated by similar BS stories designed to generate traffic.

That doesn't mean you aren't SOL while you wait for the courts to slap them if VZW does this.

Reaction score
I don't see how Verizon can block Motorola devices when HTC has had their bootloader unlocking tool out for Verizon phones too. I haven't heard of the Incredibles getting booted from VZW...

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see how Verizon can block Motorola devices when HTC has had their bootloader unlocking tool out for Verizon phones too. I haven't heard of the Incredibles getting booted from VZW...

they have no way of telling .. as of right now .

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Time for everyone to start calling and harassing verizon

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Relocked?

I realize that this may vary from device to device but if it is unlocked can it be relocked? Restored to factory resets.

Spnnall4

Reaction score
This is on the What devices are Unlockable Page

What devices are supported by the Bootloader Unlock program?

Supported Devices

The following devices are part of our initial roll out of the bootloader unlock program; additional devices will be added progressively.

Other Supported Devices

Previous devices released with an unlockable bootloader, and supported through Motodev at the following URL:https://developer.motorola.com/products/bootloader/
Motorola RAZR developer edition Europe
Motorola XOOM Verizon
Motorola XOOM Wifi Worldwide

clueless77

Reaction score
nlinecomputers said:
I realize that this may vary from device to device but if it is unlocked can it be relocked? Restored to factory resets.

It says that you cannot relock or restore software so I'd say as of now, if this is even possible, that no you will not be able to.

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
I have NO idea why people are excited about this. RAZR / D4 / Bionic bootloaders will not be unlocked. We already knew the Photon Q would have an unlocked bootloader. This is not news.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is on the What devices are Unlockable Page

What devices are supported by the Bootloader Unlock program?

Supported Devices

The following devices are part of our initial roll out of the bootloader unlock program; additional devices will be added progressively.

Other Supported Devices

Previous devices released with an unlockable bootloader, and supported through Motodev at the following URL:https://developer.motorola.com/products/bootloader/
Motorola RAZR developer edition Europe
Motorola XOOM Verizon
Motorola XOOM Wifi Worldwide

lets see how quick they roll out more

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I really, really hope my beloved Droid 3 will be supported.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This looks a lot like htc dev. Its a start but lets see if the developers are able to find a better solution.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm just not getting how it can cause death?? Will my phone turn into a decepticon and kill me? :confused:

It's to cover their butts. You know someone is going to be all "OH BOY UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER :p". Then one day after doing it their phone will spontaneously combust while they're talking. They'll then proceed to sue motorola claiming that unlocking the bootloader is the reason for the phone exploding. Then after sueing moto, and getting a lawyer a bunch of money, bootloaders will be required by law to be locked as so they don't combust on their users.