Bought a 3G 850/1900/2100 milestone today

shatteredzman

Reaction score

Source3000

Reaction score
Yes!!!

Oh Man, I can't wait to see this either. I hope everything goes well with shipping etc. too. Congrats!!!

flof

Reaction score
Custom ROM: The Milestone Bootloader is signed and will only load signed ROMs - custom ROMS are (as of yet) impossible on the Milestone :-(

arlissfreire

Reaction score
It is from Vivo, local carrier, but I believe they unlock it.

.... I think I will end selling mine too.

big_adventure

Reaction score
Custom ROM: The Milestone Bootloader is signed and will only load signed ROMs - custom ROMS are (as of yet) impossible on the Milestone :-(

That's kind of true.

The Milestone bootloader will only load signed recovery partitions and signed kernels. This means that you can't change those things. However, you could quite happily get my images (for example) and load them, getting a rooted French 1.15 (2.0.1) build, running a number of "non-standard" programs (voice search, Maps with Nav, Launcher from 2.1, others...), because the entire system partion is NOT signed, so you can modify what you like. You can load themes, widgets, whatever, to your heart's content. Just no kernel mods.

I would NOT do this on a brazillian phone, because my phone has the French bpsw partition, and loading it would break most South American 3G (which runs in 850/1900). If you left out the bpsw partition, keeping the one you have, you will get no radio services at all (no calls, no 2G, no 3G), because the 1.15 kernel / SW / whatever will not load the non-1.15 bpsw.

Have fun!

OP
S

shatteredzman

Reaction score
Well the guy gave me a refund and gave me no reason why... Guess I will have to wait on Telus.

bmic

Reaction score
becouse this phone over here, unlocked, cost about U$ 1100,00 :)

HappyBallz

Reaction score
shatteredzman: Too bad he ditched you like that, I really wanted to see if it was going to work for you on our 850 3G service. (That same guy had it listed for $900 dollars yesterday haha, what a tool.

becouse this phone over here, unlocked, cost about U$ 1100,00 :)
Haha, he can keep it if he thinks he is going to get anything close to that. Greed just have no limit. But what he doesnt obviously know or understand is that every second that passes he looses money on that phone.