Motorolla MIlestone 3G questions....can this be done?

blackviper

Reaction score
Hi everyone. i have been always reading these forums and this is my first post. I recently purchased a Motorola EURO Milestone....however i live in Canada...Ontario.

I was wondering is it possible to Root and somehow get the s.w. for my phone to obtain 3G signals?.....refering to this thread vv http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-milestone/18366-milestone-3g-850-1900-question-3.html

It sparked my interest and if there is a way to do it, can someone link me to the Canadian S.w. version so i can root my phone and finally have 3G!!!...otherwise ill have to live with my mistake haha
thanks

OP
B

blackviper

Reaction score
You will have to live with the mistake you made.
This makes me very sad, there is no way possible to somehow internally modify hardware either?.....hmm..i guess i should wait for the droid 2. sigh. lol

OP
B

blackviper

Reaction score

this stuff makes me think otherwise

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-milestone/25369-pulsar-mod-rom-work-telus-milestone.html

my theory is this: is that motorolla would not produce seperate phones for each country and that the bands/signals are locked and to unlock them would require a flash or SBF file to properlly unlock the bands used in Canada.....theoretically it makes sense
smile.gif

WirelessGuy

Reaction score
my theory is this: is that motorolla would not produce seperate phones for each country and that the bands/signals are locked and to unlock them would require a flash or SBF file to properlly unlock the bands used in Canada.....theoretically it makes sense
smile.gif
There are 2 Milestone hardware versions produced.

Under you battery is the data tag. Look for the FCC ID, the last digits tell the tale:

If your FCC ID is:

IHDP56KC2 = GSM (Quad-Band GSM (850/900/1800/1900) & Dual-Band Euro 3G (900/2100))
IHDP56KC5 = GSM (Quad-Band GSM (850/900/1800/1900) & Tri-Band North American 3G UMTS (850/1900/2100))

OP
B

blackviper

Reaction score
smile.gif

Under you battery is the data tag. Look for the FCC ID, the last digits tell the tale:

If your FCC ID is:

IHDP56KC2 = GSM (Quad-Band GSM (850/900/1800/1900) & Dual-Band Euro 3G (900/2100))
IHDP56KC5 = GSM (Quad-Band GSM (850/900/1800/1900) & Tri-Band North American 3G UMTS (850/1900/2100))

My FCC ID shows the IHDP56KC2 ...but its a quad band...so technically some sort of modification would unlock these bands to work with Ontario 3G networks, correct? a hardware modifications or SBF file/ Software?.....i am just going by what i have read over the past few days. Seems possible.

edit* i saw that 3G was a entierly different band then those in Canada, i guess i am sadly mistaken....unless i could unlock the 2100?.....

WirelessGuy

Reaction score
smile.gif

If your FCC ID is:

My FCC ID shows the IHDP56KC2 ...but its a quad band...so technically some sort of modification would unlock these bands to work with Ontario 3G networks, correct? a hardware modifications or SBF file/ Software?.....i am just going by what i have read over the past few days. Seems possible.

edit* i saw that 3G was a entierly different band then those in Canada, i guess i am sadly mistaken....unless i could unlock the 2100?.....
Both Milestones are "Quad-Band", the Quad-Band refers to the GSM frequencies, the other bands refer to the data bands (i.e. 3G) KC2 is a Quad-Band GSM phone with dual-band 3G capability. However, the bands included in KC2 are NOT "North American" 3G frequencies. You are pretty much out of luck with regards to 3G data.

ises

Reaction score
need some help guys i have a milestone heres my problem :(

I recently downlaoded the easy root app and was rooted for about 5 mins and installed all the nifty root apps. AFter a reboot i couldnt access wi-fi, or Edge network (Rogers).

I then downloaded RSD LITE, and SBF flashed my phone....with i believe the wrong SBF FILE....i am sooo confused right now.....heres a site of SBF files

sbf:milestone [And Developers]

I have a SHOLS_U2_02.36.0 build number, 2.6.29-omap1 milestcm@il93lnxebld05 #1 Kernel number, and fireware version is 2.1 update 1.

I dont know what SBF file to download..... i am really confused and hope to god my phone is not bricked. any help within the next few days is greatly appreciated. thank you so much.