Model Name - A853, A855 or something else?

mrscrewed

Reaction score
Since I've found a group that has the A854 finally, bad news we don't get 2.2!! Is there anyone who has gotten a successful ROM of 2.2 running on their phone?

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

msmith198025

Reaction score
Since I've found a group that has the A854 finally, bad news we don't get 2.2!! Is there anyone who has gotten a successful ROM of 2.2 running on their phone?

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

Yes, any of the 2.2 based roms in Rom Manager have worked for me. Ive used Bugless, Liquid Frozen Yogurt, ect.
Easy as can be.

nathan626

Reaction score
i have a verizon droid the sticker in the battery tray says A855 but when i open it on my computer it says A853. Anyone know what the deal is with that? also i was given the phone it is stuck at the bootloader 2C.7C ok to program scrren. i can flash spr recovery onto it but have not been able to sbf it back to stock or update.zip onto sd card. plaease any info would be greatly appreciated i am about to throw the phone in the garbage

drkcobra

Reaction score
i have a verizon droid the sticker in the battery tray says A855 but when i open it on my computer it says A853. Anyone know what the deal is with that? also i was given the phone it is stuck at the bootloader 2C.7C ok to program scrren. i can flash spr recovery onto it but have not been able to sbf it back to stock or update.zip onto sd card. plaease any info would be greatly appreciated i am about to throw the phone in the garbage

2C6C should be the standard bootloader for any of the A854/A855 models to the best of my knowledge this is not yet a later one. It may have been someone tried crossflashing an incompatible model, but I don't recognize 2C7C from anything. Make sure you are using RSD Lite 4.9 and the newest drivers 4.9.0. Here is most everything you should need. Make sure to install the reg file too (USBflag_android). The firmware is the latest Verizon A855 release. Good luck.

RSD Lite 4.9.rar
Handset_USB_Driver_32_v4.9.0.msi
Handset_USB_Driver_64_v4.9.0.msi
usbflag_android_8(20).zip
VZW_A855_FRG22D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE_01.rar