Lots of questions about Non-Telus Milestone in the US

Axecain

Reaction score
I have a Non-Telus Milestone in the US.

I have 2.1 installed (shols .31) Did .34 ever release?
If .31 is the final release then there are still major flaws... My milestone is constantly restarting, and my music stops playback all the time.

Is there a way to root my phone? Did I root when I installed 2.1? How can I tell?

Whenever I hit the update phone it says; Unable to Connect, the device is unable to connect to the server. Try again later. It has said this since day one. Is this because I have the Europe version in the US?

Does anyone have any advice? I really need some help. I love my milestone but.. Im kinda wondering if I should sell it on ebay and get the telus version. My carrier (iwirelles t-moble affiliate) doesnt have 3g so thats no issue.

Thanks to all those that help

Matt

sarie

Reaction score
I also have a non-Telus Milestone in the US on AT&T and can't answer your questions really, but can at least compare my phone with yours.

I have 2.1 installed, and my shols is also version .31. I am not aware of a .34 version (just because I've never looked into it, I don't know that it doesn't exist). However, I do not have the problems you described--restarting and music playback issues.

There's a thread about rooting the Milestone here, but I do not know if it applies to our non-Telus phones:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-milestone/43352-milestone-2-1-update-root-guide.html

And I have no advice/answer about the system update. I've had no troubles with that either.