Bootstrap Recovery on every reboot

TomRep

Reaction score
Hey all! I rooted my X last week and installed a ROM without a hitch. My wife was complaining about her D2G sucking her battery so I'm planning on doing the same with hers. I installed Z4 last week and rooted it, no problems. I installed Bootstrap and made a backup, no problems. I installed Fission tonight and had an issue of the airplane mode not turning off. After doing some research on here I realized this is kinda common and I probably just grabbed the wrong version. So I restored her phone with the bootstrap recovery file I made and everything worked out fine. however, now whenever the phone is rebooted, it goes into clockwork recovery. I found a thread that the guy had the same issue and someone had mentioned it is a file or two that bootstrap is supposed to delete but doesn't. He said in his reply to do a search for bootstrap.ini I believe it was. I searched for that and came up dry. Does anyone know the two files that need to be deleted? I HAVE to fix this tonight before I go to bed since its my wifes phone. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Tom

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
So u uninstalled bootstrap and unrooted? Is it stuck in clockwork recovery? My friend had a similar prob.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
If you are unrooted you can do a factory reset and b all right. Should stop it from doing that. Not the one in recovery the one under settings privacy factory reset

OP
T

TomRep

Reaction score
The phone is still rooted and bootstrap is still installed. The phone runs fine but if you do a reboot (manually) it reboots into recovery mode. You can hit "reboot" while in clockwork and the phone boots just fine.
Tom

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Ya that is what his does. No need to worry. I am not an expert but talked to a dev about it.

OP
T

TomRep

Reaction score

OP
T

TomRep

Reaction score
I'm personally not worried. If it was my phone I would just deal with it. However, this is my wife's phone. If it boots up in the clockwork screen I'm never going to hear the end of it, especially since I didn't get the ron installed and working yet. If your married, you'll understand where I'm coming from!
Tom

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
I've only had X for 2.5 months rooted and rommed for 2 . U might want to wait for Darkslide on d2g I thought I heard it was being made. Were u using rom manager to install fission?

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Lol that's exactly how my friend started acting now their all scarred to root.

OP
T

TomRep

Reaction score

OP
T

TomRep

Reaction score
Lol. Ill never BS afraid to root. I had my x less then 24 hours and it was rooted! I didn't hear that darkslide was working with the d2g. I really want to get something on hers so i a) don't have to hear her complain and b) cause i want to play! I did not use any tools to install the Tom. Just bootstrap, wipe cashe, wile data, mount data and system, install zip.
Tom

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
go into terminal emulator and type this:

Code:
su
busybox rm /data/.recovery_mode

You should no longer boot into clockwork recovery on each reboot.

Reaction score
I found the thread that I read that originally told me it was bootstrap.ini.. I'm dumb, it's not bootstrap.ini. Here's the thread. It's got directions on how to fully uninstall CWR. Good luck avoiding the wrath of the wife for that other thing you did wrong. No, I don't know what it was. You don't either. Yet.

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Darkslide is not avaliable yet for d2g but I think its in the works.

OP
T

TomRep

Reaction score
Lol. Thanks guys! Ill get on it as soon as i can and update to let you all know if it worked.
Tom