Bluetooth Calling

Colmel

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I recently changed from a Motorola Droid to a Samsung Galaxy S5. I was able to make calls using my Bluetooth device paired with my Motorola phone; however, that program no longer works with my Samsung. I'd like to have the same functionality (hands-free calling). Is there an app/program that will allow for this? I'm not the most tech-savvy person, so please keep it simple - if possible. Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome to the forum!

What functionality are you missing exactly? Making calls with a bluetooth device is a little vague, but I'm assuming you mean some sort of headset or a device in your car.

Were you able to press a button and say the name of the person you want to call? What exactly did the device allow you to do with your Droid that you can't do now?

Bluetooth is a universal standard, so a bluetooth device should function fairly well the same with any phone. If you can clarify the situation a little, hopefully we can sort it out for you.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to droid forums

OP
Colmel

Colmel

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Welcome to the forum!

What functionality are you missing exactly? Making calls with a bluetooth device is a little vague, but I'm assuming you mean some sort of headset or a device in your car.

Were you able to press a button and say the name of the person you want to call? What exactly did the device allow you to do with your Droid that you can't do now?

Bluetooth is a universal standard, so a bluetooth device should function fairly well the same with any phone. If you can clarify the situation a little, hopefully we can sort it out for you.
Thank you, I'm talking about an earpiece Bluetooth device. I just tried it following the prompt to just push the button and I see that there were prompts on the phone. I needed to set up the format which just had never been done. I feel a little silly, but really appreciate your response. Now, it works!