Streaming Music Via Bluetooth Headset

mparegian

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Motorola Droid 3. I also have a Motorola 700 Bluetooth Headset. I had no difficulty pairing the phone to my car's internal Bluetooth device nor any trouble pairing the phone to the Motorola 700 Headset for making and receiving calls. I cannot, however, get the Motorola Headset to stream the music (MP3) I have stored on the Droid phone. I turn on my headset - it shows it is paired and connected - but the music only plays through the phone - not the headset. What am I doing wrong ?

Lizx3

Reaction score
You need a stereo bluetooth headset to listen to music/video/etc.

OP
M

mparegian

Reaction score
You need a stereo bluetooth headset to listen to music/video/etc.

Thank you Lizx3 - so am I to understand that the Motorola 700 Bluetooth headset which I have been successfully streaming music through with all of my other phones will not work with this particular phone ???

myersjesse

Reaction score
I don't think that your h700 has a2dp capabilities. I don't know how you streamed music on your other phones but you need a2dp capable headset for the D3.

OP
M

mparegian

Reaction score
I don't think that your h700 has a2dp capabilities. I don't know how you streamed music on your other phones but you need a2dp capable headset for the D3.

Thank you myersjesse. I was not aware of Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (a2dp). This is my first smart phone and all of my old phones (feature phones) played my music perfectly without a2dp. It appears I need a new Bluetooth headset. Thank you for your help :)

Reaction score
You do not need another headset! There's an appon the market which let's you stream your music through bluetooth its called bluetooth audio widget works flawlessly.I tried it with 5 headsets all worked and all were not stereo headsets

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
M

mparegian

Reaction score
You do not need another headset! There's an appon the market which let's you stream your music through bluetooth its called bluetooth audio widget works flawlessly.I tried it with 5 headsets all worked and all were not stereo headsets

Thank you horr1blek1tten ! I will definitely check that app out - I appreciate you telling me about it :)

Reaction score
Your welcome. I was looking for something like that. So ican work and listen to music without being noticed. :)