How To Get DX To Ring Through Bluetooth Headset???

bamorris2

Reaction score
I have my DX paired to a motorcycle helmet bluetooth headset (Cardo Scala G4). It's setup on the A2DP profile. It plays music just fine, as well as makes and receives calls. The problem is that when I have an incoming call, my headset does not ring at all. The only thing that happens is, if I'm playing music, the music stops.

I've scoured the internet and cannot find any resolution. I know that it's the phone (and not the headset) because when I pair the headset to my wife's LG Dare, it rings through the headset speakers perfectly.

This is a major problem, and I'm hoping that there IS a way to overcome this. If not now, then maybe with Froyo..??..

liferefugee

Reaction score
from what I can tell so far (having the same issue with my headset) is you have to trigger it from the phone. Currently there is no support for true handsfree calling, unless there is an app for that.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Looking for a solution for this also.... hope someone finds something

liferefugee

Reaction score
Chere here for the reason why it is not working. Only an app or a software update can fix the issue. I will update the other thread if I come across a fix.

naturalone

Reaction score
Bluetooth ring through headset and/or speaker

I have my DX paired to a motorcycle helmet bluetooth headset (Cardo Scala G4). It's setup on the A2DP profile. It plays music just fine, as well as makes and receives calls. The problem is that when I have an incoming call, my headset does not ring at all. The only thing that happens is, if I'm playing music, the music stops.

I've scoured the internet and cannot find any resolution. I know that it's the phone (and not the headset) because when I pair the headset to my wife's LG Dare, it rings through the headset speakers perfectly.

This is a major problem, and I'm hoping that there IS a way to overcome this. If not now, then maybe with Froyo..??..

I am using a Droid 2.3.3 with a BlueAnt Q1 headset and my ringer was only ringing through my headset, not the speaker. In order to fix I went into settings/wireless & network settings/Bluetooth settings. In Bluetooth devices I press and hold my BlueAnt until a menu with 3 options on it pops up. I chose Options...Next menu has Profiles (mine shows 2 profiles Phone & Media) if I put a check in the checkbox for phone, phone calls will ring through the phones speaker only. If I put a check in the checkbox for Phone and a check in the checkbox Media, phone calls will only ring through the bluetooth headset, (as well as music will only play through the bluetooth headset). I hope this helps you or someone else. Should be similar for Droid X.

qman66

Reaction score

I am using a Droid 2.3.3 with a BlueAnt Q1 headset and my ringer was only ringing through my headset, not the speaker. In order to fix I went into settings/wireless & network settings/Bluetooth settings. In Bluetooth devices I press and hold my BlueAnt until a menu with 3 options on it pops up. I chose Options...Next menu has Profiles (mine shows 2 profiles Phone & Media) if I put a check in the checkbox for phone, phone calls will ring through the phones speaker only. If I put a check in the checkbox for Phone and a check in the checkbox Media, phone calls will only ring through the bluetooth headset, (as well as music will only play through the bluetooth headset). I hope this helps you or someone else. Should be similar for Droid X.
no that doesnt work

naturalone

Reaction score

no that doesnt work

Are you still looking for a solution? I am Using Liquid Gingerbread on my Droid and it runs very nicely. Too many settings to fiddle with, but works very well and solved many issues I was having with another ROM.

qman66

Reaction score
no that doesnt work

Are you still looking for a solution? I am Using Liquid Gingerbread on my Droid and it runs very nicely. Too many settings to fiddle with, but works very well and solved many issues I was having with another ROM.
yes do u have a solution?