blown speaker

TwinChargedDroid

Reaction score
Has anyone experience a blown speaker in their Inc yet? I just had mine blow while receiving an incoming call. volume wasnt all the way up and it was a song as a ringtone. they are replacing it but the store i went to hadnt heard of anyone blowing a speaker yet. just wondering if this was a fluke or if i have to change my ringtone?

zMd113

Reaction score
What ringtone are you using that could possibly do this?

fatpomp

Reaction score
Ive had 3 of them blow out so far. I'm only using stock ringtones and notifications. It seems to happen every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks.

zachcr250

Reaction score
I have had two blown already. I cant beleive the speaker is fully exposed. Verizon tells me the same thing, that there has not been any complaints on the speaker.

zMd113

Reaction score
Do you guys use the speaker for music a lot instead of using headphones?

OP
T

TwinChargedDroid

Reaction score
i just have the speaker running for ring tones(factory and not) and for my scanner app... other than that it is plugged into speakers

knakki

Reaction score
same here.. my launch phone the speaker blew after 3 days with a factory ring tone.. no music being played on it. i got the replacement phone it blew the very next day. im still using it.. its annoying

titos

Reaction score
I have blown 2 speakers and 1 earpiece just got my 4th phone today

adema254

Reaction score
Mine blow after 2 months with my launch phone.... i had a full 3 min song at full volume on it for texts bc i work in loud areas and vibrate was never strong enough. ...i think they just have ****ty speakers. andrid needs to place a volume limiter on next update

rayjj

Reaction score
Mine just blew yesterday, what a POS. Never in all my years of cellphones have I had a speaker blow. Totally ridiculous. Going to the store tomorrow.

zachcr250

Reaction score
For starters I think the speaker is just to small, it has to have the volume all the way up to hear it (just for ringer). Also its f_ing exposed, the screen that covers the speaker is so fine that pieces of metal get past it and stick to the magnet (from work). Even all the cases have a hole for the speaker. Thats why I went back to motorola DX. I guess you cant have it all, in one device.lol.

Reaction score
Has anyone experience a blown speaker in their Inc yet? I just had mine blow while receiving an incoming call. volume wasnt all the way up and it was a song as a ringtone. they are replacing it but the store i went to hadnt heard of anyone blowing a speaker yet. just wondering if this was a fluke or if i have to change my ringtone?

That shouldn't happen at all... but Im going to assume its older models of speaker.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I've had mine since the day the incredible came out, and no issues yet. Since I'm over my 30 day period, will they not fix it if it does blow randomly?

fatpomp

Reaction score
Since I'm over my 30 day period, will they not fix it if it does blow randomly?

They should. I've had two blow out past the 30 days and have had no problems getting another one sent to me. I just got the 4th one last week.

rayjj

Reaction score
Went to the store today and should have a new phone here tomorrow. If it gets to 4x I am going to demand a different phone, because thats just ridiculous. I did also pester them to replace my screen protector, which they basically did. Credited me the amount of my Steinheil protectors.