ringtone keeps going back to OEM

TwinChargedDroid

Reaction score
I have applied the a song that is on my phone as a ringtone. I trimmed it to the part and length i want and it works. then randomly it just goes back to the original standard ringtone and i have to do it all over again to get my ringtone back. This has happened on all 3 Inc i have had (first blown speaker/charging problem, second charging problem, i am on #3 now) Just wondering if there is a known issue for this or if there is somthin i can do because i want this specific part of a song as my ringtone...
-Joe

gamebird

Reaction score
I'm losing contact ringtones - I truncated the Mp3s on the PC and dragged them to the SD card. They go back(sometimes) not to the default I selected, but to the dreaded Verizon default ringtone. I ordered a (CLN) replacement but sent it back when it had the same problem. I hate not knowing who's calling!!

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
Could it be app problem ?

I have the same problem with ringtones made with music app. Other imported ringtones are fine-no problems.
EDIT:
I had same problem with ringtone made in ringtone trimmer diappearing. This is what I did to fix it.
Copy mp3 out of ringtonetrimmer sub folder ringtone in the phone memory and move it into ringtone folder on SD card.
Has worked so far. Have my fingers crossed. :)
This was all done with phone hooked up with usb to computer of course

Last edited:
OP
T

TwinChargedDroid

Reaction score
im using the oem music trimmer to make a ringtone. i play a song, hit menu and turn it into a ringtone using the song trimmer...

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
See Above

Edited above with fix. Has worked for several days now and it never stayed around that long b 4.

gamebird

Reaction score
EXrider55 -

I had created the contact ringtones by going through the music app and selecting a song then /menu/set as ringtone/contact ringtone. Then minutes later, the ringtone disappears in the contact...sometimes it works for a while, then disappears. Sometimes when it disappears, when you go into the contact, the ringtone you created still shows as the contact ringtone; sometimes the contact ringtone has changed back to "default."

It seems to me you are saying is that what is relevant to the phone playing the proper contact ringtone is the folder which it accesses to get the ringtone.

When i first got the D'inc, i created a folder called "Music 4 ringtones" and dragged my short mp3's over from my PC.

If i understand correctly, the music app needs to access the Mp3's from a folder called "ringtones" and that folder needs to be in the right place.

That folder did not exist on my SD card so i created it. But yet when i go into the music app I can't tell WHERE the music files are coming from (Oh i am SO used to windows!!!) I do actually see my "music 4 ringtones" folder that i created but not the "ringtone" folders I created as per your instructions. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding your instructions.

It's SO annoying not knowing who is calling!! (Yes I've tried the Audio caller ID app but i don't want the WOLRD to know who is calling either.)

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
folders

I did not create ethier of the folders I talked about above. The music app did, I think. I just checked and ringtone I made with trimmer and moved from Trimmer ringtone subfolder in phone is still in ringtone folder on SD card. Never stayed b 4 so I think this works.dancedroid