Blacklight AFTER call?

pmbernal3

Reaction score
Hello again guys, I had another question about my wonderful Droid phone. I love everything this phone does of course but only one thing seems to bug me and I think there is just something I'm missing here.

After every call the back light won't turn on. I try pressing the lock/power button and nothing happens. I also try sliding open the keyboard and still nothing. This happened twice yesterday when I finished with a call. I know the other party on the other line already hung up too. For some reason does anyone know why this happens? I even tried holding down the power button and still nothing at all.

Please help if you understand my situation and know how to resolve it. Thanks in advanced.

dancedroid

lterry913

Reaction score
sounds like there is something wrong with your proximity sensor or maybe phone screen is just dirty over that area, because it should light back up as soon as you move it away from your face...sometimes a beard, long hair or side burns can screw up how it works toof...from what I hear.Ii've never had problem myself. Could just return for new one if within 30 days from purchase

cookieluvr

Reaction score
My husband's Droid does the same thing. It's not within the 30 days either. Does anyone have any suggestions? There are even times when it goes black and won't turn on without sliding the keyboard also. I thought there might have been some discussion about this awhile back but I can't seem to locate it and at the time I didn't have a Droid.

Fullenwider

Reaction score
sounds like your covering the sensor on the upper part of the screen that turns the screen off when your talking on the phone.

cookieluvr

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't know where on the screen the sensor is, can you tell me? I tried looking it up in the user guide but don't see it. I'm usually fairly tech savvy but this phone is something different for me. I have a Blackberry Curve and know where it is located. Is the Droid the same, next to the camera lense?