Slide to answer Call??

thangg

Reaction score
I just started having a problem answer calls yesterday. I found another thread that advised removing a few apps, included Advanced Task Killer. I did, and after soft reset I am now able to answer my calls.

slinky

Reaction score
I just started having a problem answer calls yesterday. I found another thread that advised removing a few apps, included Advanced Task Killer. I did, and after soft reset I am now able to answer my calls.

I haven't had that one installed and it still sucks. The damp hands issue also illustrates a huge problem. I just wonder who implemented this and was he/she under the influence of a narcotic or alcohol at the time of its implementation? Why didn't someone stop him/her from this quest? This and other questions may never be fully explained and are added to the wonders of the world...

rjax

Reaction score
There's now a beta version of this available to try - you can answer the phone with an on-screen button or the camera button. It works pretty well from what I've seen, but he needs some more testers. Follow this link to help him out:
www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/22838-mylock-market-skip-lock-screen-5.html#post435864

Yep -- the myLock dev is already working on this -- see this post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ee-phone-answering-autoanswer.html#post378448

I found an app in the Market named AutoAnswer, which auto answers calls when they ring.

Here is a comment from the Market:

Finally...a stable and well written for my Droid. I can use handsfree or on bike riding and keep both hands on wheel. It even bypasses the slide lock.

I would think, based on this, that an app could be built that would bypass the lock screen, and give the caller ID screen with an answer button instead of the swipe to answer. If I were a developer, I would give it a go, but...I'm not. :redface:

Edit: The app is free and open source.

jetman

Reaction score
I got my Droid literally 24 hours ago and had trouble on a couple calls today in my car. It has the latest 2.1 software installed from Verizon. I have a hard time driving and answering, especially when it takes 5-10 swipes to get it to answer.... it's very annoying and dangerous to say the least. How do you do a "soft reset" on our phones? I'm trying to keep apps to a minimum until I get the basic operations of the phone down pat but this is annoying right off the bat

davidel57

Reaction score
mylock phone tools. found it via the forum. on 1st try it works great

slinky

Reaction score
The buttons are very ugly but at least it works half the time. The swiping is just abominable. It always takes me multiple swipes just to answer the @#$@ing phone and even then there is a noticeable delay while the phone struggles to stop whatever crap it was occupied with to take the call.

allikanbe

Reaction score
Yeh, that swipe thing with wet fingers SUX. I downloaded My Lock and it was ok, but still had a problem with wet fingers. I also d/l Tedd's Droid Tools so I can now press the camera button to answer calls. So far, it's better than wet fingers. This Droid is a phone, right?

Christoph3r

Reaction score
Whoever had the bright idea to make "slide to answer" the default should be FIRED, should never have been hired, it's TERRIBLE - definitely the worst feature on any phone. Maybe it's cool to have as an option but j3$us f#@k!ng chr!$t it's horrible to find out there's no "answer button" when you first have the phone and are trying to answer important calls! I was shocked, and, missed calls the first couple times thinking WTF is this?!?

T-Dev

Reaction score
Whoever had the bright idea to make "slide to answer" the default should be FIRED, should never have been hired, it's TERRIBLE - definitely the worst feature on any phone. Maybe it's cool to have as an option but j3$us f#@k!ng chr!$t it's horrible to find out there's no "answer button" when you first have the phone and are trying to answer important calls! I was shocked, and, missed calls the first couple times thinking WTF is this?!?

download "easy answer" from the market.

rsmcjr

Reaction score
exactly, download easy answer button from the market, i've had it for months and it works great. dancedroid i hated the slider since i first powered up my droid, and started scouring the market and tried everything i could find, easy answer button works the best...

cruzincat

Reaction score
Wet or Dry?

I have trouble getting the slider to work and end up having to lick my finger tip to make it work! Yuck! Wonder how many killer germs I am at risk for?

Just loaded Easy Answer. Hope it works for me.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
?? How often do you clean your screen??

I have trouble getting the slider to work and end up having to lick my finger tip to make it work! Yuck! Wonder how many killer germs I am at risk for?

Just loaded Easy Answer. Hope it works for me.

DroidForums junkie!!

jewelskg

Reaction score
Is there any app that replaces the answer call swipe with an answer button? Someone needs to get on that, if not. I wonder if myLock could be coded to do that?

Download Advanced Telephone from market. My hubby is new to android. He loves it.