Slide to Answer

vizvzw

Reaction score
Hey all, Im a vzw retail rep, and i need some help from the community!

I sold a Cust a moto droid 855, my cust dose a lot of driving, and finds the "slide to answer" feature of the phone, very cumbersome. He can not answer his incoming calls with the slide feature very well at all.

What he would like is a simple button, like "press to answer".
The app "auto answer" will not work for him, it is a business phone, and he dose reject some calls.

The App "Mylock" seems to only address Unlock features of the phone, and some other aspects of the phone, but no specifically the Slide to answer feature. (they may be working on it).

Dose anyone have any other recommendations how to get around "slide to answer" for my customer? Thank you in advance!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I myself like the slide to answer but I dono how you could change this. Probably a way, hopefully someone helps out... (youd answer calls in your pocket tho!)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You could TRY Lock Delay available from the market. It's similar to my lock, but a bit more clean and the slide can be delayed for quite some time.

Only drawback is that, currently, because of how Android works, the camera and volume buttons work to turn the screen on when the app is active.

rjax

Reaction score
From the other thread titled with the words "slide to answer" on this page:

There's now a beta version of this available to try - you can answer the phone with an on-screen button or the camera button. It works pretty well from what I've seen, but he needs some more testers. Follow this link to help him out:
myLock in Market! Skip the Lock Screen! - Page 5 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Yep -- the myLock dev is already working on this -- see this post: Handsfree Phone Answering with AutoAnswer - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I found an app in the Market named AutoAnswer, which auto answers calls when they ring.

Here is a comment from the Market:

Finally...a stable and well written for my Droid. I can use handsfree or on bike riding and keep both hands on wheel. It even bypasses the slide lock.

I would think, based on this, that an app could be built that would bypass the lock screen, and give the caller ID screen with an answer button instead of the swipe to answer. If I were a developer, I would give it a go, but...I'm not. :redface:

Edit: The app is free and open source.