Answering a phone call

Nickmast

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with trying to answer the phone when someone calls. I was sitting at my work desk with phone on vibrate, I get a call. Starts vibrating and the screen is still black. I try to wake up the phone by pressing the power button on the top, screen flashes on then turns off. I'm about 4 rings in at this point. Caller ID shows who it is and the slider appears, I go to slide it over and it freezes for a second. Go to slide it again and finally answers the call. It took me about 10 rings to answer a damn phone call when I had it sitting right next to me on the desk. This is quite ridiculous!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never had this issue before, everytime i get a phone call the screen lights up right away, and i have the option there. Or of course silence it with the volume button.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never had this happen either. Has it done this more than once before? If you are using SetCPU, do you have it turned all the way down when the phone is sleeping?

OP
Nickmast

Nickmast

Reaction score
It has happened a few times but not frequently. I don't have SetCPU installed. No home apps. No roms, not rooted. Could "Not Call Log" be a possible culprit?

GaryMorrison

Reaction score
I started having a similar problem with my phone this morning. It was in the Verizon case and it rang. When I pulled it out, the screen was black. When I pushed the off/on button I could see the call screen and answered the phone. The second time, the screen was blank and stayed blank so that I could not answer.

Any thoughts?

bal81

Reaction score
same problem just happened to me, almost missed the call

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It happens to me when I slide before I feel the haptic feedback....