Droid wont even power up!!! Stuck in Ft Lauderdale

krus_2

Reaction score
I was in the process of switching from BB v .1 (froyo) back to the 2nd leaked froyo rom. I had gotten to the point where CW was all finished and was sitting on the CW home screen. I hit reboot now and then went back to watching tv until my droid restarted. When I checked back the screen was black. I tried hitting the power button (assuming the screen shut off) but nothing happen. Then I tried holding the power button to power it on. Lastly I did a battery pull but still it would not even power on. Please someone tell me you know what happened. I desperately need the GPS to get home...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was your battery fully charged? If not, put it in the charger for an hour and start over.

Hope this helps.
Mike

OP
K

krus_2

Reaction score
I know it wasnt charged fully and after further examination I am starting to believe that the battery is the issue. You said put it in the charger; are you referring to charging the battery in the phone or is there some kind of mystery charger that I dont know about, that just charges the battery?

I only ask because I have heard over and over again that android devices wont charge when the phone is off.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I purchased a dock(charger) so that is how I recharge. If you use the USB and plug then that is the way to go.

Mike

OP
K

krus_2

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give it a try. Hopefully it works; otherwise I'll have to use the old fashioned way to get home and maps arent really my thing.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it will work. If not post and I'll try to help you

Mike