Blacked Out Apps.....

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have been here a while doing the "Blacked Out" theme for the D1. Well my wife recently upgraded and left behind a perfectly good Fascinate... well now that it is rooted it is..:)

I am going to be porting my theme to the Fascinate, but first I thought I would give everybody a taste with some apps that will load on any ROM....

So here are Dark Talk, Inverted Gmail, and Black Market..... Enjoy!!

BlackedOutGmailSF.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download
BlackedOutMarketSF.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download
BlackedOutTalkSF.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

I enclosed screenshots of Gmail and Market. Talk looks the same just inverted.

For those that install Market, it will appear as Black Market in your app drawer
For those that install Talk, it will appear as Dark Talk in app drawer... gmail is still gmail....

I did not wipe when installing these, but if you want, you can wipe cache and davlik.. its up to you....

If you find any bugs, feel free to post them here....

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes...these are awesome....thanks so much

Check out the Blacked Out apps video here...
[video=youtube;7zp5Ze-yUpI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zp5Ze-yUpI[/video]

Last edited:

Ryanb420

Reaction score
Just ziped the talk worked perfectly so I did the market said it installed and come to find out I don't have market anymore any chance to fix or/unzip it thanks.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It may be named black market in your app drawer instead of market.

Sent from my fascinate

Ryanb420

Reaction score
Alright uhmm I looked and I didn't see black market anywhere and when I do try to go to the market threw an app it just says page/market can't be found.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just ziped the talk worked perfectly so I did the market said it installed and come to find out I don't have market anymore any chance to fix or/unzip it thanks.
Flash it again...The package works and in your app drawer it will be called Black Market with a mesh picnic basket icon....

Ryanb420

Reaction score
I have flashed it about four times now and I look in the app drawer and double check it to but I still don't see it:/.

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I haven't had the problem with the Fascinate yet but I do know that with the D1, once the market was broken, it was broken and the ONLY, yes ONLY way to fix it was to flash back to a backup with a working market then reflash the zip...

Several people have flashed this so I am sure that there is nothing wrong with the zip, and for market, the only way that I have found to install it is through an update.zip...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have flashed it about four times now and I look in the app drawer and double check it to but I still don't see it:/.

Go into settings,apps,manage apps,all,market, uninstall updates, reboot, flash black market again

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, from my hTc Thunderbolt

Ryanb420

Reaction score
I ended up going restore. I didn't do a back up in awhile but its cool going to try out different roms and themes.