Bionic Priced Confirmed; $299 With Contract

dgoakill

Reaction score
$300 is a lot for something that is technically temporary. I'll be replacing it in 21 months. But since I'm sick of dealing with my OG Droid I'll be picking this up online as soon as I can. I signed up for notifications from either verizon or moto can't remember which to stay informed about the bionic. Have not received one email about the phone. Odd, did anyone else sign up for this? Anyone know how soon orders can be placed online? Would like to order it Thursday as I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday.

loki993

Reaction score
No problem with the price, like other have said I expected it. Tbolt was 250 with Single core and Charge was single and 300.
Anyway, however no Im no longer in the market for this phone, but ill wait and see too. It took them way too long to get it out and much better phones are right on the horizon now. Im waiting to see the Prime. Im content with my D2 for now so I can wait and see how all the other phones pan out and decide then. The Bionics alredy been rooted and that was my biggest concern with it actually. So at this point between all the phones coming its all down to relatively inconsequential things like the screen and a couple mghz in the processor speed. So its hold the all and see what I like best.

zodder

Reaction score
I was so anxious for this phone, but there's been so many rumors of other "must have" phones, that I'm going to wait until the dust settles and the reviews come in.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It took them way too long to get it out and much better phones are right on the horizon now.

Like what phones, exactly? Bionic is pretty much fully loaded. Yeah, maybe it could be 1.2 or 1.5ghz dual core, but aside from that. Aside from that, what's it really lacking? I'll have to see for myself if all this pentile-hate is really justified or not. I don't have any complaints about my OG Droid screen (maybe other than in direct sunlight) and the Bionic has to be quite a bit better.

Friedo

Reaction score
Bionic and Photon

Did I miss something? Is the Photon 4g not the exact same phone - 8MP, FFC, HDMI out, QHD, WiFi sharing, 1GHZ DualCore, 32gb MicroSD, Base Station, etc.. The only thing I see that Bionic has that the Photon doesn't is Verizon's LTE support. Did MOTO release the same phone with a different look for another carrier and still can't publicly confirm a release date on the Bionic that's been delayed 9 months and is supposed to be a flagship phone? Odd.

Thoughts?

QiG

Reaction score
FYI, the droid commercial that leaked a lil bit ago with the female fighting a robot was on TV last night.. maybe during Hells Kitchen... with the 09.08.11 release date flashed at the end.. so Friday is officially official.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
FYI, the droid commercial that leaked a lil bit ago with the female fighting a robot was on TV last night.. maybe during Hells Kitchen... with the 09.08.11 release date flashed at the end.. so Friday is officially official.

Unless you have done something to seriously screw up our orbit around the sun, last time I checked, the 8th was Thursday...

das2042

Reaction score

Yea, if you make us wait one more day...there will be hell to pay!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums