Bionic Priced Confirmed; $299 With Contract

Tegamal

Reaction score
What I find funny is nowhere in this thread does it list a VZW Spokesperson saying "It will be $299 with a contract!".

I think the word "Confirmed" is used a little too freely on this board...

sb1831

Reaction score
The prices are entirely wrong on a MAJORITY of the phones, and under every other Droid branded product it lists the product as "Droid (insert name here)." Yet the last phone on the list happens to be the "Motorola Bionic. The only thing this confirms is that some sites will post anything to generate site hits. No I don't blame this on the OP as he's just reposting but people need to start evaluating sources and documents before they post this garbage on the internet.

Not that it matters though. Did anyone honestly expect this phone to NOT be $300 on contract? I'm not surprised one bit that it will retail for that.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I have no doubt that it will be $299, but it's not official. Come to think of it, has anyone ever "officially" said it would be released on the 8th? :rolleyes:

Parkhum

Reaction score
Hehe.
I'm still not sure the Bionic will live up to the hype!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
haha more excel spreadsheets that are being touted as fact! we do know the release date is the 8th, since commercials are starting, and the price is most probably $299, but its not this fake spreadsheet that confirms it

xmguy

Reaction score
I've got a VZW manager approved upgrade set for Jan of next year (thank you asurian). One year early. So I'm hoping some winter promos or new phones will lower the price even if only $20-$50. I like the Bionic. However I'm in Rural TN. So my area will not even have LTE til end/beginning of 2012/2013, maybe. I am hoping it does have an FM Radio though. Funny huh? Buy a $300 phone and it must have an FM Radio on board.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I'll be waiting for the Next Nexus (NOT kidding) to drop. I have until the first of November even though I have and early upgrade. If the Nexus isn't that great, I'll drop by and re-visit the Bionic. By then, the prices will be more reasonable.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
What I find funny is nowhere in this thread does it list a VZW Spokesperson saying "It will be $299 with a contract!".

I think the word "Confirmed" is used a little too freely on this board...

What I find funny is; you actually think that anyone that works for Verizon has the ability to confirm or deny anything. These people are notoriously the worst source for confirmations.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

sb1831

Reaction score
What I find funny is; you actually think that anyone that works for Verizon has the ability to confirm or deny anything. These people are notoriously the worst source for confirmations.

And yet a document t that ANYONE can fabricate with ridiculously inaccurate pricing details on every other phone is believable? Now THAT is funny

Tegamal

Reaction score

Hmm, don't remember saying that... I must've been drinking...

KOBALT

Reaction score
I got my money set aside. My wife is getting the Bionic with her upgrade, then I'm trading her for my X on the spot :D

m2jpilot

Reaction score
new leak! I saw this online, so it must be true.

New Bionic information leaked today...

OFFICIAL NEWS FROM THE WHITE HOUSE: (Insert Robin Williams, Good Morning Vietnam News Teletype sound here, dee-dee-d-d-dee-dee)

Today Congress convened for a special late night session to draft legislation regarding Verizon Wireless and Motorola's newest venture commonly known as Droid Bionic. Democrats where outraged when the Republicans decided on a price fix for the new cellular product at $699, feeling this was out of reach for most taxpayers during this new recession and adding to the problem is the fact that those who could afford the phone would possibly not spend their money further hurting an already struggling economy. President Obama stepped in with a new stimulus package offering $400 federal discount subsidies to try and sway the American people into purchasing the new device. Obama was quoted as saying, "Today is a great day for the cellular using public at large. Today I signed into law new legislation that allows for a $400 concession to any US Citizen, or illegal Alien who purchases a new Droid Bionic. Furthermore, anyone that actually has a basic phone will get an additional $100 rebate to be spent at Verizon on what's already and overpriced accessory market." When asked how long these alleged rebate would take to arrive, Obama retorted, "Just as soon as any of the other changes I promised during my campaigns arrive."

Again this is official news directly from Washington, and should be treated as such. We thought about trying to create an Excel sheet to further prove our point, but decided people believe anything they read on the internet and to do such would be a waste of time and resources to easily mirroring our current government.

:p

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Eh....300 for a phone is a lot

700 off contract *allegedly* is even more a grip

I'm waiting till Black Friday regardless of what I do though...