Droid Pro Comes With A Professional Price

dracos

Reaction score
This is not priced for the rich its priced for corporations which is what the Droid Pro is suppose to be all about. Its a strike at BB and its users that want more out of their smartphone then what BB has to offer, but if Motorola hasnt fixed the issues that D2 and DX users have had with activesync this could be one big dud.

I wouldnt mine replacing my company BB bold with this and keeping my D1 as my personal phone until something better comes along.

sb1831

Reaction score
droidpro.jpg

Can you imagine paying a high price for a decent product? Well that is what you will get with the new Droid Pro if the latest screen picture is correct. Today Droid-Life posted a picture that said the new Droid Pro will be priced for the rich when released. The device will be priced at a high $299, which is the same as the iPhone 4 but $50 more than the Epic 4G. Now if contracts are not your things (which they aren't for me), you will be paying a hefty price for it at $500 flat.
Now I am hoping this is not an actual set price, because many people cannot figure out why Motorola is making a wanna be Blackberry with Android included, but at this price we don't certainly want to buying this one.

Your definition of decent product and the corporate user's(which this phone is geared to) of a "decent product" probably differ greatly. I don't need a phone with a high res screen for playing games when I'm working. I do enjoy a phone with an actual QWERTY keyboard, descent battery life, world capable, quality sync capabilities, capable of composing RTF emails, etc.

If there are people that can't figure out why Motorola is making a phone geared towards the business user, perhaps they should go use the Iphone. They clearly lack the ability to think outside the box and enjoy the android platform anyway.

UNC

Reaction score
Now I am hoping this is not an actual set price, because many people cannot figure out why Motorola is making a wanna be Blackberry with Android included, but at this price we don't certainly want to buying this one.

Who can't figure out why? They want to appeal to BB users and gain some of that market. Pretty simple...

And who is this "we" you speak of? I don't plan on buying a Droid Pro, but I don't think you're in a position to be speaking for everyone here.

+2 one for each point.

neccoguy21

Reaction score
bummer

i was excited about this phone until i saw its a blackberry redeux. sad face.:sad:

dracos

Reaction score
Still very interested in getting this to replace my work phone, blackberry tour.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

blueeyezintexas

Reaction score
This in NOT correct..I spoke with Verizon moments ago and had a lengthy conversation with customer service and the FULL retail price is $479.99 That's if u buy without a new every 2. And the pre sale price online is $279.99 with a $100.00 instant discount making it $179.99. This price is for all customers that have a line of service active for one year, ie: Annual upgrade discount. And New customers. If your eligible for your new every 2 then add an additional $50.00 dollars to that savings and pay only $129.99. Also, if u currently have an National Talk, Text plan with a data plan of $30.00 there is no need to alter your plan and all your UNLIMITED features will REMAIN in affect Including UNLIMITED DATA. I have the individual National UNLIMITED EVERYTHING, INCLUDING DATA and according to customer service it will all remain Unlimited at no additional costs to me with no plan modifications, data caps, restrictions, etc. Unless u don't subscribe to Visual Voice Mail or a 3g plan, Which I do..Hope this information helps.
Also the specs on MOTO are Accurate.
The device will be offered from 11-9 thru 11-17, for PRE SALE, NOT pre order. All pre sale purchases will start shipment on 11-10, 11-11 and should be in customers hands prior to or the day of retail launch of 11-18. Purchases made on or after Retail launch date u will be required to Pre-Order and your delivery date will be an estimated ETA dependent upon demand and inventory.

StingRay

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification blueeyez...

A lot of people are bagging on the Pro for its BB look and low res screen, but watching the youtube videos from how2moto has got me intrigued....I really need something with a good physical keyboard and that's a good business phone....I really don't watch many videos currently on my Droid, so I'm thinking I may upgrade to the Pro...

my 1 year is up on 11/19, so I may give customer service a call and see what I can do...

blueeyezintexas

Reaction score

A lot of people are bagging on the Pro for its BB look and low res screen, but watching the youtube videos from how2moto has got me intrigued....I really need something with a good physical keyboard and that's a good business phone....I really don't watch many videos currently on my Droid, so I'm thinking I may upgrade to the Pro...

my 1 year is up on 11/19, so I may give customer service a call and see what I can do...
Your welcome...And I think the Pro is a great addition to the Droid lineup and I'm happy Verizon got it. It wont appeal to everyone and it does look like a blackberry. And like you I need a physical keyboard. I have really invested a lot of time trying to master the Virtual keyboard as far as typing and for lack of a better term, I Suck at it, LOL
I have a BB Curve I was fixing to re activate last week because I luv my keyboard until I found the Pro. So it couldn't have come at a better time for me. Bravo, Motorola/Verizon

StingRay

Reaction score

Your welcome...And I think the Pro is a great addition to the Droid lineup and I'm happy Verizon got it. It wont appeal to everyone and it does look like a blackberry. And like you I need a physical keyboard. I have really invested a lot of time trying to master the Virtual keyboard as far as typing and for lack of a better term, I Suck at it, LOL
I have a BB Curve I was fixing to re activate last week because I luv my keyboard until I found the Pro. So it couldn't have come at a better time for me. Bravo, Motorola/Verizon

I too am terrible with the virtual keyboard...several times the auto-insert feature chose some "inappropriate" words on business emails that would have gotten me in trouble if I hadn't proof read...

just got off the phone with Verizon CS and they don't seem to want to shed any light on a possible annual upgrade, so I may be stuck...