Droid Pro Comes With A Professional Price

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
droidpro.jpg

It looks like pricing for the Droid Pro has leaked and it is certainly a bit higher then we've come to expect from the Droid lineup (and other Android phones). The discounted contract price looks like it may come in at $299 according to a screenshot Droid Life was able to get. That puts it at a $50 surplus above the Epic 4G and at the same price as an iPhone 4.

The contract-free price is listed at $500 which is a bit less of a discount then we've come to expect from the 2 year contract. We can only hope that Verizon will drop the contract price by $100 and give us a price a bit easier to swallow at $199.

What do you guys think of this price? Would you pay for it? Let us know.
News Via: Engadget

David526

Reaction score
Well that is a screenshot from the new Verizon website layout set to take effect this week. I have seen screenshots from the new site of current devices such as the incredible and it says $299 as well. I'm thinking with the launch of the new site, they might be doing away with the instant rebates and going back to actual mail ins. So I'm sure the Droid pro will be slated at $199 after rebate just like all the other high end devices.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

oc noob

Reaction score
Priced for the rich?

That's a bot over dramatic. Sure it isn't cheap, but its not that much money and most new smart phones (the nicer ones) cost about $500 with out a contract.

If they are $300 with a 2 year contract I'd expect sales or a price reduction fairly quickly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

oc noob

Reaction score
Priced for the rich?

That's a bot over dramatic. Sure it isn't cheap, but its not that much money and most new smart phones (the nicer ones) cost about $500 with out a contract.

If they are $300 with a 2 year contract I'd expect sales or a price reduction fairly quickly.

Bit not bot, lol. Darn tapatalk won't let me edit.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hell, if this is "priced for the rich"; then my Droid 1 must be priced for Bill Gates. I paid $569 for mine, a $500 device would have seemed like a bargain.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
(and not that it's an Android device, but the Palm Pre Plus is $599)

HarshReality

Reaction score
299... for that price it better be able to have attachments to replace my wife and a damn sexy female voice.

R

RETG

Well that is a screenshot from the new Verizon website layout set to take effect this week. I have seen screenshots from the new site of current devices such as the incredible and it says $299 as well. I'm thinking with the launch of the new site, they might be doing away with the instant rebates and going back to actual mail ins. So I'm sure the Droid pro will be slated at $199 after rebate just like all the other high end devices.

Per an email from Verizon I received last week; they have gone back to mail in rebates (debit card rebates) on Droid Items.

From Verizon rep: "While we still offer instant rebates for most devices, all Android-based handsets are now offered with a $100 mail-in rebate offer instead of an online discount."

beargold23

Reaction score

Per an email from Verizon I received last week; they have gone back to mail in rebates (debit card rebates) on Droid Items.

From Verizon rep: "While we still offer instant rebates for most devices, all Android-based handsets are now offered with a $100 mail-in rebate offer instead of an online discount."

THIS SUCKS!!!!!:icon_evil:

lockman

Reaction score

Another nail in Big Red's coffin for me. Chances of me re-upping (and many others, I'd guess) just got smaller.

Detonation

Reaction score
Now I am hoping this is not an actual set price, because many people cannot figure out why Motorola is making a wanna be Blackberry with Android included, but at this price we don't certainly want to buying this one.

Who can't figure out why? They want to appeal to BB users and gain some of that market. Pretty simple...

And who is this "we" you speak of? I don't plan on buying a Droid Pro, but I don't think you're in a position to be speaking for everyone here.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Indeed! Droid Pro doesn't excite me at all...too Blackberry-ish for my taste...

Agreed. It might take off. BB owns the corporate world still.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.